The Dornier Do 17 family STGB chat

vppelt68

This seems to have "accidentally" been delivered by the postman. I guess I'll just have to use this as my entry now

6JzgUFy.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have now bought two more of ICM's lovely 1:72 scale Dorniers. I have a Do 17 Z-2 and Do 215:s B-4 and B-5. It may not affect directly the brave Ukrainian 🇺🇦 company, but at least I try. And yes, I try to build them all. This is my only active GB in late spring/early summer this year - and I try to be a good host in it too!

V-P

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, reini said:

@vppelt68 I like your new avatar, nice to see someone support Satakunta ;)

ICM's Do-17 looks pretty sweet - we will see if I'm able to resist temptation...

I'm a "Porilainen" too - to those that don't know what it means, it means I served most of my national service in Pori (infantry) Brigade. That's the banner of my brigade. It's based on the flag of Satakunta province, a bear over fertile wheat fields and clear blue skies. The provincial capital town is Pori, in Swedish Björneborg meaning Bear castle. "Honour, Duty, Will". Forever Porilainen!

My wife gave me a gift card to another Finnish hobby shop last Christmas. I had to use that before I get back to shopping from Elina!

Will Harrasteässä be at Pori air show in June? I hope we could meet there, and again with @AaCee26 too.

V-P

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

10 days, just 10 days to go! We should have the Current GB section open by Saturday, and then we can begin posting our build threads. Was there something I was supposed to finish before all that? Good Greif, I better get back to building it! V-P

• Like 1

Looking forward to this starting, I'll take my Do17 kit to uni. It's getting into exam season and I've got a few other builds on so I might have to watch from the sidelines for a bit, but if I find the RS Do17 to be too much of a commitment I'll buy a Mark1 Models 1/144 kit

• Like 1

I hope to use this G/B to spring board me backinto Britmodeller activity . Got a nice project to get my teeth into .Something of the night with a dash of AIMS aftermarket.

Roll on the 23rd

• Like 1

Hi there

I have an RS models Do 217 P coversion set. The vac form canopy has gone yellow but as the windows are so small I thought I could remove them and use Kristal Klear in its place. Any idea’s if it should be painted RLM 02.

What do you think?
regards Toby

Those should keep you busy for a while V-P! I actually contemplated the 17 Z-2 in the winter scheme for a while myself.

James

On 15/04/2022 at 10:09, vppelt68 said:

Unfortunately I can't help you, Toby.

Here's something I have in mind for the next three months!

2022-04-15_12-06-50

V-P

Thats a load of glazing to mask . I trust no aftermarket masking sets will be used ;)

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be to late to join in ,I have the 1/48th Revell Do217E-5 in the stash giving me sad eyes 🤪 Bought about 20 years ago in  Modelzone Manchester sale for £9.99.

Y1l5Vm.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Carts said:

Would it be to late to join in ,I have the 1/48th Revell Do217E-5 in the stash giving me sad eyes 🤪 Bought about 20 years ago in  Modelzone Manchester sale for £9.99.

Y1l5Vm.jpg

I have built this kit twice . Its a great kit good fit and detail ....ok its got old Revell instructions but they almost make sense . Looking forward to seeing yours come together .

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Carts said:

Haha, we just started a few days ago, you're very much welcome to join us! V-P

Well its only a few weeks int this G/B and i feel that my MOJO is fully restored for both construction and Communicating with the community of modellers. 

SO A BIG THANK YOU.

Cheers

Alistair

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Mottlemaster said:

Well its only a few weeks int this G/B and i feel that my MOJO is fully restored for both construction and Communicating with the community of modellers. 

SO A BIG THANK YOU.

Cheers

Alistair

If that has been the case, we're so glad to have been able to help and even happier to have you back :yahoo:...but it's actually the Luftwaffe Twin that has done the tricks for you :winkgrin:. V-P

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...