The Dornier Do 17 family STGB chat

vppelt68

On 04/11/2021 at 05:57, Adam Poultney said:

We're slipping in the poll, make those votes count!

And here's a Do17 similar to what I'll build for this

I've added finished images on my Do 17z thread. They aren.t great I'm afraid. 

The light was good that day. Same today.

• Like 1

Decided to play a bit of War Thunder, bomber gameplay isn't always the best but it makes nice screenshots (the Do17E ones are actually from test flight mode)

e98f24cb4dd01b68566adb147228b054.jpg

Mid air collision with another Dornier! I don't think this one is recoverable

09b3580bdc1145ccbacabfadddbbafc3.jpg

The Z-2 doesn't appear to be doing much better

cfb0216bda1f65c78e142d40b212fe96.jpg

73a455dd75689e21d85ec551984ac003.jpg

cf8743606a3da3c789536c55a421dfaa.jpg

That looks like it hurt!

• Like 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB (4-7/2022)
6 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Hi @vppelt68,

as this GB is scheduled now (yes, I voted for it and be glad it got through) I'd like to enter with a 1/48 Hobbycraft Do 17E if possible.

Cheers

Markus

Hello Markus, I'm glad for your interest and support and that the Do family GB got through! Just hop in when the GB begins, I don't always update the participant lists after a GB has got its dates. Everyone with an eligible kit is welcome, also without earlier signing in. It will be interesting to watch your big E get built :popcorn:. V-P

• Like 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Dornier Do 17 family STGB

Not a whole lot of arm twisting was required to push me into this fray...😄

I have ordered a kit from RS.  I'll be building the E variant in Spain.  I looked at the older Airfix kits available on the Big Auction website and they are A) almost all from the UK (which causes expensive problems now) or just plain expensive to begin with!  

Now...twist the other arm and I might be convinced to build a Ju 88!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Looking through this years GB list I remembered that I have a Do-217 buried at the back of my stash. It's an old 1/72 Airfix kit that I've had for about 20 years (& was originally released in the 1960's), I thought if I dont build it now it's probably going to be another 20 years before I look at it again 😅

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I will be entering my Italeri 188 if that is OK, and perhaps my old Airfix E/F. It was built at a time when the plastic cement had been modified to put off glue sniffers - smelled nice but not very good at sticking plastic together. Over the years it fell apart, and a while back I dismantled what was left and stripped off the paint leaving this.

DSC06082-crop

Should be OK if the 25% rule still applies - only part of the tail and the engine fronts glued together. I may still have some of the glazing but I suspect I will have to use a Falcon replacement set. I will have to build a complete undercarriage and find at least one prop blade, all the guns and a few other bits, not to mention decs. I presume it will be allowed in the GB? I believe I also have an Italeri 217K if that is allowed?

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Everything you wrote... ok'd :thumbsup: (except the Ju 188 in this one :winkgrin:)

Thanks,

Yes I am getting my GB mixed up and the 188 was for the other GB.

Pete

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Yes of course, if I got that right you have superdetailed the interior but it's all still in little pieces? Welcome! V-P

Thanks V-P! You're right: I've applied the masks to the transparent parts and glued the cockpit PE in place and painted the interior but the fuselage halves are still open and all other parts are still in the sprues.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1