Aurora 1/48 Airco DH-10

This is one that been a loft dweller for a very long time (nearly 50 years possibly). Not the easiest kit I've ever built but there aren't too many parts to deal with. Brushed painted in a mix of Xtracolor, Revell  and Humbrol paints. Decals from the spares box as the kit examples were beyond recovery.

50534815822_0959caf6e2_b.jpgz20201026_100432 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

50534815777_8b2f33dd13_b.jpgz20201026_192430 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

50533936188_d10c57db0a_b.jpgz20201026_192448 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

50533936138_5a2dc051d8_b.jpgz20201026_192451 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

50533936063_f9c587b465_b.jpgz20201026_192513 by Derek N.Ferguson, on Flickr

• Like 44
  • Thanks 2

This is just fantastic!  I have been tempted by this kit but have also been afraid to make the attempt.  But your work here is an inspiration indeed.  Thanks for posting. You have done a great job on this!

Edited by Harold55
Sp

Never seen one of these built up before and always wondered what it would look like, now I know, that is superb Derek, you have done a lovely job of it.

Thanks, adey

Wow, this is a bit emotional for me, to see this kit built.

I bought this kit when I was ten or eleven, at a yard sale. It sat half-built on a high shelf for 30-odd years. About two years ago my dad dusted it off, he'd started building again a few years earlier after his retirement. He sent me some photographs of his progress over the weekend, he was doing the rigging on it, I was impressed at how good it was starting to look.

Anyway, my dad never finished it. On the Monday he passed away of a heart attack. The kit is still sitting on a shelf in his study, with the rigging wires hanging limply across it.

It deserves to be finished. Thank you for your post and the inspiration it has given me, I hereby commit to getting mine and my dad's across the finish line :)

Edited by sroubos
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 10 months later...
19 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Just re visited this thread whilst looking at DH20 references and seen the post above, @sroubos  so sorry to hear about you father, I hope you are able to finish the model as your father would have done.  

My late condolences to you and your family. 

Chris

Thanks Chris. I now realize I wrote that post coincidentally on the second anniversary of his passing. That's weird...

Haven't got round to finishing it yet. Not been a good year for modelbuilding so far, I'm hoping to get back into before the end of the year, it's been a stressful period.

• Like 3