Eurofighter Typhoon F2

Hello Folks! 

My first completed model for a while, and it took a lot more effort than I thought it would. Loads of flash on the mouldings which was really surprising, and fit of parts that needed a bit more work than I anticipated. Built completely OOB  to portray a No. 3 Squadron airframe using the excellent decal sheet, which is worth the price of the kit alone! It contains markings for 4 RAF examples, plus Italian, Spanish, Luftwaffe and Austrian. 

I experimented with some pre shading to try and break up the monotone grey scheme plus a little panel wash to finish. Paints were Mr Hobby Aqueous... but instead of their own version of Barley/Camouflage Grey I used H325 (FS26440) which seemed like a better match. Not one of my best efforts but it will do. 

Comments much appreciated. Cheers 👍

IMG_20201026_183934

IMG_20201026_183912

IMG_20201026_183850

IMG_20201026_183749

IMG_20201026_183728

IMG_20201026_183923

And next to 1950s machines from No. 3 Squadron .... 

IMG_20201026_184046

IMG_20201026_184019

IMG_20201026_183901

• Like 40

I certainly don't see anything to complain about with that model or the other two either. You do very nice work and you can be proud of all of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vultures1 said:

That's a really nice Typhoon and you've captured some subtle variation in the finish - well done!

Interesting that you used H325 for the Barley Grey - looks most effective

Thanks very much for the compliments. Yeh i tried quite a few greys before settling on H325, it's a bit on the pale side i think and not perfect but seemed to match photos of actual 'Phoons better than the Barley greys from Gunze, Xtracrylix and Humbrol etc. But then photos and airframes vary too. I rarely seem to use the paints that I'm supposed to use! The 'scale effect' comes into play too i suppose? 🤔

• Like 1

Lovely clean build. I rather like seeing a model that looks factory fresh.

I have a slight doubt about the grey (and it might be the colour temperature of the lighting you have photographed under) but it looks too "warm" to me. the colour balance looks good with the radome matching correctly so it could be just the photograph. I appreciate at this time of year we are often photographing under artificial light which can cause this to happen. Great model as I said.

• Thanks 1