Leopard Tank STGB Chat

modelling minion

Well we didn't quite make it team, we came as close as you possibly can but that doesn't make it any easier really. 

A big thank you to you all for your support and votes during the bunfight and for getting us the 25 votes to get that far in first place.

I need to have a think if we go forward and give this another go for either next year or the year after.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
22 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Does this mean that we got a free pass into the 2022 voting?

Hi Bertie, I thought that there were no free passes any more although I am happy to be proven wrong on that one. I still have my kits too but am lacking in the enthusiasm to try to push this one through, more than happy for you or someone else to take up the reigns.

🇺🇦

28 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Hi Bertie, I thought that there were no free passes any more although I am happy to be proven wrong on that one.

I thought so too, yet there are many of last year's proposals still in the Bunfight section, so I was beginning to doubt myself. @Enzo Matrix, could you clarify this please?

28 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

I still have my kits too but am lacking in the enthusiasm to try to push this one through, more than happy for you or someone else to take up the reigns.

🇺🇦

Not me. I have the Entropy GB to steward and much else to do on the modelling front. I suspect the NATO GB proposal will coast through so I might well build my Leopard derivatives there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

just a wee nudge here.......need to keep the interest up in this one....... my Leopard is getting grumpy at not being built....am worried it'll join in with the Dust Bunnies.....then there will be trouble!!  :door:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Well I thought that we didn't get a second chance without starting up a new thread in the chat, but if thats not the case then I will push for this one to get through if there's enough interest in it.

@Enzo Matrix can you confirm whether we get another chance or not please.

That should be the case but there were a few teething problems at the start of the year.  So...  let's leave this one in the Bunfight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

let's leave this one in the Bunfight.

Very much appreciated mate, we could do with a bit more armour in the GB/STGB area.

So guys it looks like the Leopard isn't finished off yet, and you never know by the time the GB comes around (assuming we get enough votes) then you might be able to do one in Ukranian markings!

🇺🇦

• Like 3

• modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, in the bunfight again and at 35!
15 hours ago, modelling minion said:

it looks like the Leopard isn't finished off yet

I'm pleased that it's slipped in, even if it is on a technicality. I still have the HBz2000 and its transporter in the loft and while I can't guarantee that I'll have enough plastic mojo to build the things, I'm certainly interested enough to give the GB my vote/attention etc. Maybe in a year I'll be welding styrene again. 🤷‍♂️

p.s. I changed my log-in from BertiePsmith.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I'm pleased that it's slipped in, even if it is on a technicality. I still have the HBz2000 and its transporter in the loft and while I can't guarantee that I'll have enough plastic mojo to build the things, I'm certainly interested enough to give the GB my vote/attention etc. Maybe in a year I'll be welding styrene again. 🤷‍♂️

Glad to have your continued attention Bertie, and your vote when the time comes.

Hopefully if we get through your mojo will have returned.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

Good morning Craig Et al! Great news that this is in the bunfight. I kept my Canadian Leopard out of the Canadian GB, just in case we got another chance with this one. Perhaps @Enzo Matrix can update us on his thoughts about AFV STGBs in the bunfight arena? He and I briefly had a discussion near the start of the Sherman STGB, with regards the difficulties of getting GBs, other than aircraft GBs, into the GB calendar. Understandably, aircraft are the most popular topics on Britmodeller, but, once underway, AFV GBs often have more builds taking place and more contributors than some aircraft STGBs. But it is often difficult to get enough votes in the bunfight because, given that more people enjoy building aircraft, or watching aircraft being built, the voting tends to favour aircraft based GBs.

Anyway, I’m pleased we have a chance of this STGB getting through.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

I’d agree on the AFV front, you could say the same for figures, cars, Ships Dioramas. While I love AFVs I’d rarely build from the other categories, however if there were day  a Ship GB I’d probably join in. 

Perhaps we should have some moderator nominated non aircraft GBs each year?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Good morning Craig Et al! Great news that this is in the bunfight. I kept my Canadian Leopard out of the Canadian GB, just in case we got another chance with this one. Perhaps @Enzo Matrix can update us on his thoughts about AFV STGBs in the bunfight arena? He and I briefly had a discussion near the start of the Sherman STGB, with regards the difficulties of getting GBs, other than aircraft GBs, into the GB calendar. Understandably, aircraft are the most popular topics on Britmodeller, but, once underway, AFV GBs often have more builds taking place and more contributors than some aircraft STGBs. But it is often difficult to get enough votes in the bunfight because, given that more people enjoy building aircraft, or watching aircraft being built, the voting tends to favour aircraft based GBs.

Anyway, I’m pleased we have a chance of this STGB getting through.

Kind regards,

Stix

Good morning mate, really good to hear from you.

Especially good to hear that you kept your Canadian Leopard just in case, I really hope that you get a chance to build it in this GB next year. The position of non-aircraft related subjects is always a difficult one in the bunfight and I have to say that I agree with you, @Marklo and others that it would be a good idea to have one STGB slot put aside for non-aircraft related subjects each year. Not that it means there should only be one such proposal every year, when there are more proposals the top one would get the slot and the others would have to see where they come in the grand scheme of things with the other proposals, and on years where there aren't any such proposals then the slot is open for aircraft again. Just my thoughts.

Very happy to have your continued support and enthusiasm mate.👍

🇺🇦

• Like 1