Leopard Tank STGB Chat

modelling minion

1 minute ago, PlaStix said:

I made sure I knew where my Leopard kit is the other day - so we now have get this one into next year's calendar! :thumbsup:

Good to know mate, I have got my kits where I can get my hands on them, just need to decide what to build them as, other than Leopards of course.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sardaukar said:

Oh I need an excuse to build a Leopard, count me in please.

You are most welcome and I shall add your name to the list, now you just need to cast your vote for us in the Bunfight Poll (and bring some friends!) and hope that we get enough numbers to get through the vote.

• Like 1

We seem to have had a minor surge of votes, which is excellent news! We are no longer bottom and are currently in the running for next year so keep it up team and don't forget to get your mates to vote!

Can you believe that we have overtaken the Mig-25/31, surely the first time in history that this has happened!😁

• Haha 1

Dear all,

It looks like we may have a bit of a job on our hands to get this and the M3/M4 STGB into the calendar for next year.

To that end, can I please encourage everyone on our list, in post 1 (now listed below), to vote for this and the M3/M4 STGB or we may not have any specific tank GBs in next year's calendar.

@fatfingers, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @klr, @desert falcon, @Julien, @helios16v, @HobbyPaul, @diases, @Arniec, @Mig Eater, @ijs302, @trickyrich, @badger, @Foxbat, @Orso, @Flying sailors, @Rocky, @KRK4m, @Zack, @TonyW, @Rob S, @Dermo245, @GREG DESTEC, @airfixpeter@Bertie Psmith, @sardaukar, @Red Dot and @Covjets13

If you can, please also encourage some more modellers to join us.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, spruecutter said:

Hey Craig - I have voted for this GB. A great opportunity to do the Meng 1/35 kit which I picked up second hand from Cosford model show a few years ago.  It's their boxing of the Leopard 1 A5.  

Thanks Richard, it will be interesting to see how your Meng kit compares to the HobbyBoss one that I have.

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Dear all,

It looks like we may have a bit of a job on our hands to get this and the M3/M4 STGB into the calendar for next year.

Thanks for posting that Stix, something I should have done myself.

Things are very tight in the bunfight but if can encourage some extra support that could help both this and the M3/M4 GB get through, both are iconic AFV's from their respective eras and deserve a spot in the GB calendar.

13 minutes ago, TonyW said:

Well, I don't have any M3's to build here, but I do have a Heller Leopard AA version that really does need building. My vote is in.

Tony.

Thanks for your support Tony, I shall add you to the list.

15 minutes ago, helios16v said:

I do hope this one squeaks in.  Looking forward to dragging it out...not that I know what I'm doing w/ tracked thingies.  :lol:

I hope so too, and you're in good company regarding not knowing what you're doing with tracked thingies as I don't really either!

10 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Votes cast included these two 😎😎

Thanks Greg.👍

Just now, modelling minion said:

I hope so too, and you're in good company regarding not knowing what you're doing with tracked thingies as I don't really either!

Haha.  Yeah, it'll be a mess...but it'll be fine.  I've only ever built 1 tracked kit (hell, ground armor period) before, so this is stepping well outside my wheelhouse.  I did a BUK for the last Nordic GB...that was a bit of an experience.  :rofl2:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Haha.  Yeah, it'll be a mess...but it'll be fine.  I've only ever built 1 tracked kit (hell, ground armor period) before, so this is stepping well outside my wheelhouse.  I did a BUK for the last Nordic GB...that was a bit of an experience.  :rofl2:

We'll be fine, there are really good armour modellers signed up and if in doubt theres always the internet!

On 03/11/2021 at 08:49, modelling minion said:

You are most welcome and I shall add your name to the list, now you just need to cast your vote for us in the Bunfight Poll (and bring some friends!) and hope that we get enough numbers to get through the vote.

Done and fingers crossed.

• Thanks 1