Leopard Tank STGB Chat

modelling minion

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

You can put me down as interested.  I’ve got a 1/35 Leo 1 A3/A4 Cold Warrior with W. German & Hellenic options.

Great to have you join the gang Chris,I like the sound of a Greek one, I believe they wore a different camouflage scheme. 

I shall add you to the list mate. 

14 hours ago, Julien said:

mmm pretty sure I have a Legend Danish conversion in the stash somewhere...........

Would that be the conversion kit for the Danish Leopard 1A5DK SFOR/KFOR mentioned here @Julien?

http://www.leopardclub.ca/reviews/Legend/1A5-DK/

Haven't done any research yet, but i wonder if there would be a conversion kit around for a Danish 2A5DK as used in Afghanistan?

If not I could build a 1A5 instead, if there is any chance of getting the Legend conversion kit and a MENG or ITALERI "mother" kit. Will have to have a look at ebay I guess. 

• Like 1

I have nearly finished the Gepard A2 version, so will have to miss this one. It's a great build and I went for the Takom kit. There is are excellent reviews of both the Takom & Meng kits on the forum, which helped me decide which one to go for. Pictures attached. (I'm new to the forum, so please remove post if this is the wrong place for it)

https://imgur.com/a/cBD8vrL

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HobbyPaul said:

I have nearly finished the Gepard A2 version, so will have to miss this one. It's a great build and I went for the Takom kit. There is are excellent reviews of both the Takom & Meng kits on the forum, which helped me decide which one to go for. Pictures attached. (I'm new to the forum, so please remove post if this is the wrong place for it)

https://imgur.com/a/cBD8vrL

Thanks for sharing the pics of your Gepard, a very nice build of a great piece of kit.

You don't have to have a kit right now to join in. How the Group Build thing works is that somebody (me this time) has too much time on their hands and comes up with an idea for either a GB or an STGB (this is an STGB which is Single Type Group Build) and puts it out there to see if others are interested in the same idea. As this is an STGB we need 25 people to sign up before it gets the go ahead, at which point we will be offered a time slot for it to happen. No need to rush or worry though as I believe the slots are full until around this time next year, which gives us all plenty of time to get a relevant kit (or kits) unless you are @Julien in which case you have far too many Leopards already.

Saying you are interested is just the first step, so what do you say, can we add your name to the list of interested parties?

8 minutes ago, diases said:

Sign me up.

Not got a clue of what I'll build, but there will be plenty of time till it starts.

Cheers

Paul

Great to have you join us Paul, I shall add your name to the list.

And yes there will be plenty of time before we need to start panicking over having the right kit in the stash.

23 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hobby boss and Revell just dropped Leopard 1a5’s recently so that should help widen options. 

Both of them have dropped in for review which is good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am interested in this GB. I have got some in my stash. I have also got a 1/35 3D printed conversion set for a gepard, to make it into a PRTL from the Dutch army.

Cheers,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Arniec said:

I am interested in this GB. I have got some in my stash. I have also got a 1/35 3D printed conversion set for a gepard, to make it into a PRTL from the Dutch army.

Cheers,

Great to have you with us Arnie, and with another idea for a unique vehicle.

I shall add you to the list.

• Like 2

In preparation for this anticipated STGB, I snapped up another Revell Leopard 2 A5/A5NL, for just 10 Euro. Second hand, but box still sealed.

139899-10518-pristine.jpg

This kit has different smoke dischargers for the German and Dutch versions. That's good, because the old Revell/Matchbox A4 in the stash doesn't have any, even though they are shown on the box-art. The German A5 units look to be of a very similar style, even though the A4 and A5 turrets are quite different. So I should be able to bring that old A4 kit up to a presentable standard.

Edited by klr
  • Like 1