Leopard Tank STGB Chat

modelling minion

I have a Revell Leo1 kit that I'm planning to convert to either the Jagdleopard concept design...

scan988.jpg

Or the Matador prototype anti-aircraft tank, which was a competitor to the Gepard.
mzw5zvjg5nt01.jpg

The "Erprobungsträger mit 3-achs-stabilisiertem" prototype is on my todo list too. It was a heavily modified Leo 1 with a new experimental oscillating turret equipped with 3-axis stabilisation. Only the running gear & engine deck is the same as a Leo1 so this one would probably require scratch building/3D printing.   

XANnWgJ.jpg

Edited by Mig Eater
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mig Eater said:

I have the a Revell Leo1 kit that I'm planning to convert to either the Jagdleopard concept design...

scan988.jpg

Or the Matador prototype anti-aircraft tank, which was a competitor to the Gepard.
mzw5zvjg5nt01.jpg

The "Erprobungsträger mit 3-achs-stabilisiertem" prototype is on my todo list too. It was a heavily modified Leo 1 with a new experimental oscillating turret equipped with 3-axis stabilisation. Only the running gear & engine deck is the same as a Leo1 so this one would probably require scratch building/3D printing.   

XANnWgJ.jpg

Some very unique and different designs there @Mig Eater, as the last two were at least built in prototype form then they would most certainly qualify for the GB, and be very interesting builds to watch too.

I shall add your name to our list.

4 hours ago, modelling minion said:

The Hobbyboss is indeed brand new, thats why there aren't any reviews up for it yet.

I'm working on it but the day job has got in the way

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up @modelling minion

Put me down for this one. I've got a Revell A1A1-A1A4 thats been stashed for the last 20 odd years that i really should build! 

Regards,

Steve

I can think of no better reason to build a kit than it having sat in your stash for 20 odd years Steve, great to have your support.👍

Craig.

• Like 1

Hi could you please put my name down ,i have just got a hobbyboss 2a4 which i would like to turn into a dutch machine 

by the sound of things there are a few differences ,   i'm a bit new to this tank thing                      

ian 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ijs302 said:

Hi could you please put my name down ,i have just got a hobbyboss 2a4 which i would like to turn into a dutch machine 

by the sound of things there are a few differences ,   i'm a bit new to this tank thing                      

ian 

The 2A4 is a great looking tank Ian and the Hobbyboss kit is supposed to be a good one, its one I look to be adding to my stash too. Don't worry about being new to the tank business, I am predominantly an aircraft builder but I do like to build some armour and by no means profess to be any kind of expert on the Leopard or any other tanks, I just really like them and wondered if there would be enough like minded people out there.

I shall add your name to the list.

• Thanks 1

Oooo I did see this one........ to busy!!

Sounds interesting, could do an Oz army 1A3 or whatever they ended up updated them too.

I'm in.....and still chasing my cocktail! :bleh:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Oooo I did see this one........ to busy!!

Sounds interesting, could do an Oz army 1A3 or whatever they ended up updated them too.

I'm in.....and still chasing my cocktail! :bleh:

Consider yourself added to the list Rich.

An Aussie one would be great, especially in one of the later unique camo schemes.

I will not be providing the cocktails on this GB mate as I will be hosting, someone else will have to pick up my slack!

:D

Have just bought the detail/update set to build the Aust Army AS1 version, just need the Meng model.

even if this one doesn't get up it'll be nice to add to the growing AFV collection......got a M551 & M1A2 SEP Tusk I/II on the way! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm in for this - got a couple of Leopard 2s in the stash but also a Canadian C1 in 1/72 that I recently managed to get decals for.

Cheers

Ben

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, badger said:

I'm in for this - got a couple of Leopard 2s in the stash but also a Canadian C1 in 1/72 that I recently managed to get decals for.

Cheers

Ben

That's great Ben, a Canadian Leopard will be great. Its a subject that I would like to build too once I get a suitable kit to create one from. 

I shall add you to the list. 

I was following the quite stupendous Bergepanzer build on here and was inspired to slip a couple of late model Leopard 2s into the stash. My record with 1/35 armour in group builds is appaling but it would good to at least start one of them in company.

So, err, yes. I'm in :)

Andy

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

I was following the quite stupendous Bergepanzer build on here and was inspired to slip a couple of late model Leopard 2s into the stash. My record with 1/35 armour in group builds is appaling but it would good to at least start one of them in company.

So, err, yes. I'm in :)

Andy

And it will be great to have you join in mate. A late model Leopard 2 will make a nice addition to the lineup. 

Consider yourself added to the list my friend. 

• modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, only 8 more names needed!
  • 3 weeks later...
  • modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, only 5 more names needed!