Leopard Tank STGB Chat

modelling minion

Have a number of Leopards of different versions and marks in 1:76 / 1:72 and 1/35 but leaning towards the original Tamiya release after seeing the Leopard 1 on trial with two M60s in Townsville as a kid before they got on an LCH before the Leopard 1A4 was selected. 

Sign me up please. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rob S said:

Have a number of Leopards of different versions and marks in 1:76 / 1:72 and 1/35 but leaning towards the original Tamiya release after seeing the Leopard 1 on trial with two M60s in Townsville as a kid before they got on an LCH before the Leopard 1A4 was selected. 

Sign me up please. 

Excellent news Rob, I do like the Leopard 1.

I shall add your name to the list, only 2 more to go now!!

• modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, only 2 more names needed!
27 minutes ago, Steben said:

Sorry, I'm a bit new here. What's to sign up for? I like the Leo 1 as a theme subject.

No need to apologise. What I am proposing, and people are signing up for, is a group build for the Leopard tank in all it's different versions and all the other vehicles (such as the Gepard) which are based on the chassis of the Leopard.

If we get enough people interested (25) then we will go forward into what is called the "Bunfight" where all the other GB's which have reached the same level of interest will be voted on and the ones with the most votes will take place next year.

Is this something we can interest you in Steben?

58 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

No need to apologise. What I am proposing, and people are signing up for, is a group build for the Leopard tank in all it's different versions and all the other vehicles (such as the Gepard) which are based on the chassis of the Leopard.

If we get enough people interested (25) then we will go forward into what is called the "Bunfight" where all the other GB's which have reached the same level of interest will be voted on and the ones with the most votes will take place next year.

Is this something we can interest you in Steben?

Ah get it. I am affraid you can't count on me as a steady builder for now.

• Like 1

Exciting News!!!!!!! My wee tank has finally arrived!!!! :yahoo:

I'm not too sure if this one is attempt #2 or 3..... will just have to wait and see if another one shows up or not. It's only taken nearly 6 months to get it since I placed my order!!

I have the AS conversion kit, now just need to add some FriulModel tracks and I'm ready.

Gosh this STGB had now better go ahead after all the trouble I've gone through or else!!!  :fight:

• Haha 2

On 4/17/2021 at 12:51 AM, trickyrich said:

Exciting News!!!!!!! My wee tank has finally arrived!!!! :yahoo:

I'm not too sure if this one is attempt #2 or 3..... will just have to wait and see if another one shows up or not. It's only taken nearly 6 months to get it since I placed my order!!

I have the AS conversion kit, now just need to add some FriulModel tracks and I'm ready.

Gosh this STGB had now better go ahead after all the trouble I've gone through or else!!!  :fight:

That really is excellent news Rich, maybe it trundled it's way from China at scale speed!

We just need to find 2 more victims volunteers and then we are off to the bunfight!!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I'll say!!!!!

After all the rials and tribulations in getting my wee panzer I really would like to build it!!!!

Come on just 2 more members!!!  

• Like 1

• modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, only 1 more name needed!
12 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

Count me in. 👍

Even though I haven’t built a tank in years, have always wanted to build a Leopard. Now’s a good time as any!

Excellent news Dermot, I have added your name to the list and we now only need one more victim volunteer!

Don't worry about not being a regular armour builder as neither am I!! But I do like the Leopard family and think that they deserve a GB of their own.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2021 at 12:00 PM, modelling minion said:

Excellent news Dermot, I have added your name to the list and we now only need one more victim volunteer!

Don't worry about not being a regular armour builder as neither am I!! But I do like the Leopard family and think that they deserve a GB of their own.

Go on then, I haven't built a tank in ages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Go on then, I haven't built a tank in ages.

You sir, are an absolute star!

Thanks for volunteering for what is turning into the "not normally a tank builder but will build one anyway" GB Greg and for getting us to the magic number of 25 that gets us a position in the bumfight later.

I shall happily add your name to the list mate.

Now we just need the esteemed @Enzo Matrix to move us across to the bumfight area and for us all to remember to vote for this one when it happens.

• Like 2

• modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, we have reached the magic 25!
1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

You sir, are an absolute star!

Thanks for volunteering for what is turning into the "not normally a tank builder but will build one anyway" GB Greg and for getting us to the magic number of 25 that gets us a position in the bumfight later.

I shall happily add your name to the list mate.

Now we just need the esteemed @Enzo Matrix to move us across to the bumfight area and for us all to remember to vote for this one when it happens.

....and about bloody time as well!!!! 

Now we have to go through all the trials and tribulations of the annual bumfight!!! :wall:

If this one doesn't go through then I'm going to get very cross!  :angry:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...