Leopard Tank STGB Chat

modelling minion

• modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, only 4 more names needed!
24 minutes ago, Flying sailors said:

This is going to be fun. Thinking of tackling a Greek or Finnish one though need to figure out which type and kit to go with.

The Meng #TS-007 Leo1 A3/A4 has markings for a Hellenic A3.  Good chance that's the route I'll go if I can finagle a build in.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/meng-model-ts-007-leopard-1-a3-a4--226890

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Flying sailors said:

This is going to be fun. Thinking of tackling a Greek or Finnish one though need to figure out which type and kit to go with.

If you go with an A4 then there's a decal sheet by Echelon with both Finnish and Greek ones on it; https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/T35008?result-token=CTobv

• Like 1

Just have to wait for someone to do the conversion now. I Have a T-55 and M48 bridging tanks so would be good next to them.  Always wanted the Accurate Armour Chieftain one but at £250 or there abouts too expensive

• Like 1

GBs, even potential future GBs are hazardous to the stash and the wallet. Somehow I now have five Leopards in three different scales either in the stash or in the post. One of them is a Biber which will be my first ever bridge. When I die, it will be because a badly stacked pile of model boxes collapsed on me :D 

Andy

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Foxbat said:

When I die, it will be because a badly stacked pile of model boxes collapsed on me :D 

Shall we line the coffin with said boxes, maybe give you something to do in the afterlife ? 😉

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Shall we line the coffin with said boxes, maybe give you something to do in the afterlife ? 😉

An excellent idea. It'll take me a fair chunk of any afterlife to work through the stash as it is now, and I know it will get bigger before I go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Foxbat said:

GBs, even potential future GBs are hazardous to the stash and the wallet. Somehow I now have five Leopards in three different scales either in the stash or in the post. One of them is a Biber which will be my first ever bridge. When I die, it will be because a badly stacked pile of model boxes collapsed on me :D 

Andy

Glad its not just me that does this, over the years I have bought quite a few new kits for GB's even if there is something suitable in the stash already, and yes I have done this for GB's that don't make the cut!

• 2 weeks later...

There's not much chance of me adding a 1.35 scale AFV build to the current Heller GB, time is ticking away on that one. Luckily it would fit in here just fine. Put me down for a Heller Gepard please.

I'll set my alarm clock to ten to 2022

20201108-105523.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TonyW said:

Put me down for a Heller Gepard please.

I'll set my alarm clock to ten to 2022

More than happy to add you to the list Tony.

Looks like we will be entering into an STGB bunfight for 2022 so we will need to get it past that stage too once we have reached our magic number of 25.

• modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, only 3 more names needed!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well my wee panzer I ordered last November has decided to return home to it's seller, after spend 6 weeks tracking around most of the mail exchanges in China!!!! :wall:

Hopefully by the time this STGB gets up I may have another one......or this one has completed it's world tour! 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

well my wee panzer I ordered last November has decided to return home to it's seller, after spend 6 weeks tracking around most of the mail exchanges in China!!!! :wall:

Hopefully by the time this STGB gets up I may have another one......or this one has completed it's world tour! 

That really is not good news at all is it, at least you will have plenty of time to source a replacement Rich.

• 1 month later...

.... and the continuing saga of my poor wee Leopard tank....... they sent me a replacement about a mouth ago (the first attempt bounced around China for 2 months before being returned to the seller, got on evilBay) and it appears to have disappeared behind the Great Wall of China post. They were tracking it but also forgot to send me the tracking details. So 2 weeks ago they decided to have a 3rd attempt at sending me my wee Leopard tank and sent off another one (now 2 running the Great Wall of China Post)....of course no tracking number was sent!

I still have 4 weeks to go before I can lodge a claim with evilBay and get my money back, though they are desperate for me not to do that......might they have a 4th attempt?

So one of the 3 options below will happen........i should run a book on the outcome!  :D

1 - Rich get his wee Leopard tank

2 - Rich gets 2 wee Leopard tanks

3 - Rich gets his money back......... and then blows it on something else on evilbay!  :D

Strange thing is though I bought something else from the same seller 2 weeks later and it arrived a week later!!  :blink:

• Like 1

well 2 :D, the original one that did the grand tour of China did eventually arrive back to the sender.......not sure why he just didn't re-send that one to me! :undecided: Surely China Post couldn't be as rough as Aust. Post............ maybe they are one and the same!!! :hmmm: A cunning plan to take over Australia!!

• Haha 1