Leopard Tank STGB Chat

modelling minion

3 minutes ago, Mippie said:

Thanks 😊

Β 

I guess the main question now is what to do 🀣

Β 

Is there any particular brand in 1/35 that is the "best" for making 2a5/6/7's or the Strv-122? Or one of the engineering variants? I guess there may be an overview somewhere in the last 11 pages?Β 

As I say I am no expert but for those versions of Leopard I would think the Tamiya and Revell 1/35 kits would be a good place to start.

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

For those of you wanting to build an up to date Leopard from it's newest operator then Tamiya has released their 2A6 kit with Ukranian markings, wonder if they will release their T-72 with a spring loaded turret so we can build authentic dioramas?

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Ah, careful now

• Like 1

On 12/03/2023 at 12:40, Mippie said:

allowing for hobby time I want to try again, and experience from Warhammer and other wargaming systems tell me that I am actually able to focus and finish projects when working to a deadline

Β 

:welcome: to the BM Groupbuild Massive.Β Β  It's good to have you along.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

For those of you wanting to build an up to date Leopard from it's newest operator then Tamiya has released their 2A6 kit with Ukranian markings, wonder if they will release their T-72 with a spring loaded turret so we can build authentic dioramas?

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

Dammit! I've already bought a RFM 2a6 haha, hoping we get some pics of Leopards in the wild before I start painting!

• Like 1

And for lovers of 1/72 scale... the leopard 2a7+ from Vespid Models is magnificent... and their 2a7V uparmored kit... simply yummy....

Β 

sorry if I cost you a few new kits...

Edited by Silenoz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really fancy bulding the Revell kit of a Leopard 2A4 on a tank transporter.Β  Would the whole deal be eligible in this GB, or just the Leopard itself?

Β 

If it's just the tank, I can build the transporter in the relevant TLC GB.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

I really fancy bulding the Revell kit of a Leopard 2A4 on a tank transporter.Β  Would the whole deal be eligible in this GB, or just the Leopard itself?

Β 

If it's just the tank, I can build the transporter in the relevant TLC GB.

Whichever you want to do mate, for me you can build the transporter and the Leopard in the GB as it will add to it, so the choice is yours.

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

• Thanks 1

On 04/05/2023 at 10:31, modelling minion said:

Whichever you want to do mate, for me you can build the transporter and the Leopard in the GB as it will add to it, so the choice is yours.

Β 

Thanks Craig.Β Β  Here is the box.Β  It's big!

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

I think I'll build the Elefant in this GB as I'm not sure I could finish it in the time left on the TLC GB.Β  There are a lot of wheels! :yikes:Β 

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Β 

Thanks Craig.Β Β  Here is the box.Β  It's big!

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

I think I'll build the Elefant in this GB as I'm not sure I could finish it in the time left on the TLC GB.Β  There are a lot of wheels! :yikes:Β 

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

I imagine the box is indeed big, theres quite a lot to fit in it! There certainly is a lot lo wheels isn't there!

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

I imagine the box is indeed big, theres quite a lot to fit in it!

Β 

As this is in 1/72, I'm hoping to find some different versions of the Leopard to display on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Β 

As this is in 1/72, I'm hoping to find some different versions of the Leopard to display on it.

A very viable option there is displaying it carrying a refurbished 1A5 to our friends in Ukraine.

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

• Like 1

Less than one week to go!!
Have you got your Leopard kit(s) ready?
Have you got all your paints, glues and extras, etc. ready?

All your reference materials?

Anything for vignettes or dioramas?

@modelling minionΒ & I are really looking forward to the start next Saturday and following all your builds!!
Kind regards,

Stix

Β 

Β 

• Like 3

………and Enzo has kindly got the GB area set up and we're open for business!!
Β 

You can get your threads set up now but don’t forget you need to wait to start your actual builds until next Saturday (27th May) when the GB actually starts.

Β 

Kind regards,

Β 

Stix

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Yes its time to dust off your Leopards as the GB is finally here!

As Stix says, if you can curb your excitement for a week before actually starting that would be good but the 25% rule is there to be used if you can't, and prep work doesn't count.

Lets make this a good one!

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

• Like 3

Finally it's here after a few attempts.......then the server goes down.......Craig I told you it goes into the other hole!!!Β  Β :D

Β 

Everything is all set for my build, though it maybe a couple of weeks before I can start, have a couple of big beasts on the bench to move further along first. Looking forward to this one.:yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll get a thread and box pic up soonish.

One thing I am not clear on, what are the limitations outside of being a Leopard? By that, can I include figures, or a little scene/base? I am far from being certain of being able to pull either of those off, but my ambition knows almost no bounds 🀣

Β 

Cheers,

Mipps

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Craig I told you it goes into the other hole!!!Β 

Not the first time I've heard that.πŸ˜‰

Looks like all is good with the forum now though, just have to be quicker getting the pennies in the metre next time.

14 minutes ago, Mippie said:

I'll get a thread and box pic up soonish.

One thing I am not clear on, what are the limitations outside of being a Leopard? By that, can I include figures, or a little scene/base? I am far from being certain of being able to pull either of those off, but my ambition knows almost no bounds 🀣

Β 

Cheers,

Mipps

You most definitely can add figures and a base if you want, the only stipulation is that there's something "Leopardy" on the base too.

Β 

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡¦

• Like 1