Leopard Tank STGB Chat

modelling minion

• modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, in the bunfight again and at 36!

I have a couple of Leopard II kits so I'm in.

Pete

On second thoughts it may only be one - I will check sometime when next I am up in my roof.

Edited by PeterB
  • Thanks 1

• modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, in the bunfight again and at 37!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, in the bunfight again and at 38!
  • 2 weeks later...

:giggle:

All that Op. Market Garden GB chat got me thinking, which is rare but always frightening, that I might want to join the Leopard STGB  with a "Panther"-Leo I from the "A Bridge Too Far". It shouldn't be too difficult, if it was not taken too seriously (me? serious?) :wink:

So, please sign me in, Craig! V-P

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

:giggle:

All that Op. Market Garden GB chat got me thinking, which is rare but always frightening, that I might want to join the Leopard STGB  with a "Panther"-Leo I from the "A Bridge Too Far". It shouldn't be too difficult, if it was not taken too seriously (me? serious?) :wink:

So, please sign me in, Craig! V-P

Always a pleasure to have you in a GB my friend, and I really like the idea of a Leopard that was modified to play a Panther from "A Bridge Too Far", something completely different that I hadn't thought of before.

Consider yourself added to the list.

🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

• modelling minion changed the title to Leopard Tank STGB, in the bunfight again and at 39!
6 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

That would indeed be a great looking model.

3 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I'm still in. Despite my change of name, I'm not totally maritime. 

Very glad to hear that you're still aboard Bertie.👍

🇺🇦

• Haha 1

My 10 month Irish Softy has stopped running in circles for a moment. 

Checking his cards now,  looking at me with that blank stare... 

All in he says ♠️ 😎

Get it up now🏁

Zack

... and be carefull out there! 

• Like 1

With the Gepard now in action in Ukraine those who want to build vehicles with small yellow and blue flags on them (and why wouldn't you) can now finish your Gepard in those markings, and hopefully by the time the GB starts, we WILL get through this time, you will be able to build Leopards in the same markings!

🇺🇦

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 2:42 AM, modelling minion said:

With the Gepard now in action in Ukraine those who want to build vehicles with small yellow and blue flags on them (and why wouldn't you) can now finish your Gepard in those markings, and hopefully by the time the GB starts, we WILL get through this time, you will be able to build Leopards in the same markings!

🇺🇦

I was just thing about this just the other day as I read the piece about them.

The question now is, should I preempt this one going through and by one now.................well not that I have ever had an excuse not to buy something! The only real question is whether it'll be the Meng or Takom model!!  :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I was just thing about this just the other day as I read the piece about them.

The question now is, should I preempt this one going through and by one now.................well not that I have ever had an excuse not to buy something! The only real question is whether it'll be the Meng or Takom model!!  :D

I don't think you have ever needed an excuse for another purchase have you mate, you did (eventually) get a Leopard last year in the hopes of this going through last years bunfight so getting a Gepard for this years bunfight would keep with the tradition, and this year we are going to get through!

🇺🇦

15 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

I don't think you have ever needed an excuse for another purchase have you mate, you did (eventually) get a Leopard last year in the hopes of this going through last years bunfight so getting a Gepard for this years bunfight would keep with the tradition, and this year we are going to get through!

🇺🇦

you know at the rate/luck we have trying g to get this one up I'll have a dozen of these eventually!!! :D

Have already sus'd out the Meng one, heaps available at a good price, plus have a couple of photos of Ukraine Gepards.......just need some AM bits to finish off the planning!!!  🤣

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

another GB build?

Depends on the GB I suppose. If the pre 1918 GB gets through…

But it fits with my grand plan of recreating my 1/72 WWI tank collection in 1/35 and tbh the price was right too. 

• Like 2