Lockheed P-38J Lightning

16 minutes ago, franky boy said:

Great work I love it!

Just one question on the NMF. Did you use any kind of clear coat after decaling?

James 

Thanks a lot. 😀

Yup, been using Alclad II Aqua Gloss clear, pre and post decals. As I'm using spirit and oil paint washes I definitely needed an acrylic coat for protection.

• Like 1

Hello Stepahne,

it turns out very nice. Really my taste. Weathering is not overdone and the NMF looks very realistic. I used them two on a Fouga Magister and must say they are very excellent colours. 
So you can very happy with this superb Lightning.

best regards 

Andy 

• Like 1

Brilliantly executed! And I have picked up a couple of tips and recommendations reading the comments - what's not to love!?!

Re the tail sitting, what made you choose the tail prop rather than nose weight?

Anyway thank you for winning the battle and showing us the victory, it is an excellent outcome!

ATB
Rick

• Like 1

Hello guys,

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

Re the invasion stripes and general aspect/finish, I'm always trying to get as much reference pics as possible to render a "plausible" look, at least something as close as possible 🙃.

For the tail sitting, well, I added one 31 cal. black powder  bullet in the nose but that wasn't enough. Of course I could have add more lead in the front engine nacelles, but I simply forgot .... Dummy is the word coming to mind 😃😃😃

That was a challenging build, but indeed worth the effort, and nothing supranatural if you have a bit of stamina 😉😉😉😉 . I will certainly go for the Tamiya J if they release one someday, for I love the the forked tail devil a lot and still have a few decals sets !

Cheers

• Like 1