1/72 : MIKR MIR : Miles M57 Aerovan : Jersey Airport Diorama

LaurieS

First ever two model on the go. So much time waiting on the Dakota drying times between paint areas.

Fat fellow this one. Proof it was at Jersey Airport.

Laurie

zIUxZ2.jpg

and the kit

bku5qo.jpg
OMefjK.jpg
Q7bGv5.jpg
5UjJR1.jpg

• Like 10

This is a wonderful choice!

Such an unusual design, and yet a reasonable amount of them was produced and many photos in different liveries are found on the Net.

I have built one of these not long ago and posted it here at BM.

It is a bit tricky in some areas. You may like to study previous builds of this kit, as it presents a few challenges.

In any case the effort pays off, as you get to add to your collection a beautiful rara avis: Humpty-Dumpty's plane!

Following.

Cheers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

An unusual yet sweet looking machine Laurie,  2 builds on the go now multiple builds are tge way to go.

Chris

Yes it certainly could have transported Billy Bunter.

No Chris first dual build. Always found enough to do on one. Normally plan so that happens. In this case managed to strip a number of places of the metal coat. Stupid poor planning should have finished the whitein order not to have to mask the metal coat.

I have always worried I will loose interest in one of the two.

Laurie

• Like 1

Hi Laurie 

I like to have a few on the go on my thread and this year I have been doing stalled builds mostly.  I will hopefully start a new kit soon that I have been wanting to build for ages , just got to get  my current build out the way .

I find if you lose Mojo on one you have another to turn to. 

Good luck with your build fella.

Chris

29 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Laurie 

I like to have a few on the go on my thread and this year I have been doing stalled builds mostly.  I will hopefully start a new kit soon that I have been wanting to build for ages , just got to get  my current build out the way .

I find if you lose Mojo on one you have another to turn to. 

Good luck with your build fella.

Chris

Think we are all of different character Chris. Also depends on circumstances.

Very much a blinked person when I am concentrating in model making or any other pursuit.

However running an architectural business was totally different. It was certainly a multi tasking enviroment. I suppose because it was essential to be that way.

Model making not essential my time is my own where in business it was not.

So the essential truth I am weird with a split personality. Saving grace only one wife in 59 years & not lost my mojo in that direction.

Whoops she is calling me dinner is ready :yahoo:

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 1

An interesting choice Laurie. Miles produced some innovative and unusual aircraft in its day.

Good luck with the dual build. I have enough trouble keeping track of all the parts for one at a time 😂😂

23 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

An interesting choice Laurie. Miles produced some innovative and unusual aircraft in its day.

Good luck with the dual build. I have enough trouble keeping track of all the parts for one at a time 😂😂

Hi Steve. Thanks hope things OK down there.

Yes reluctant very to start another before completing. Problem is a waiting for curing. Hanging it out as long as possible.

Laurie

Edit. Steve have you anything on the go here ?

Edited by LaurieS

All good in the antipodes Laurie. Just had a few days with grandkids up north. 

Looking forward to seeing progress on both builds.

I've PM'd you with regard to my modelling progress.

Cheers

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Moa said:

Yes, some not small amount of time has to be spent on the mere preparation of the parts, had the same experience. Fit is not going to be superb either.

Better to be psychologically prepared ;)

Thanks Moa !!!! 😞😵🥴 Just put the brain in lockdown.

Actually I revel in putting things to right. Consider it gives great experience,

Looking at some of the parts i gained the thoughts that there are some wonderfull surprises to come.  😳

Laurie

• Haha 1

There’s nothing like a good challenge Laurie and it looks like you’ve picked another one 😂😂. However, I have every confidence you will produce another stunner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveMc said:

There’s nothing like a good challenge Laurie and it looks like you’ve picked another one 😂😂. However, I have every confidence you will produce another stunner.

Thanks Steve. Between the dustbin & my patience Steve. Watch this space. :yahoo:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

That’s a cutey, Laurie. I’ll look forward to seeing her done :)

Martin

Thanks Martin. Cutey I do believe that a number of forgettable expressions may replace cutey. But I will keep to my duty despite the cruelty😫

Laurie

• Haha 1

Thanks all you people for your interest very much appreciated.

roginoz

6 hours ago

Jpthedog

October 31

Alfisti

October 29

Andrew.S

October 26

John_W

October 26

perdu

October 26

bigbadbadge

October 26

Moa

October 26

Jonners

October 26

6 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Laurie  crikey that interior looks fiddly.  Good luck with this build, does look a lovely aircraft too. Hopefully Mikes will enjoy piloting it around the room with Laurie supplied engine noises!!!

Chris

Yes Chris but the other bits are completely nutty not known anything like it.

Chris my pilot is Miles (Miles AeroVan) he is very sad being called Mikes. He is asking for an apology :yahoo:

Laurie

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Following with interest, Laurie!  Best wishes from DC.

Hi Alex. Do not come to close something may explode. Making up my own  instructions. Easier I have found to assemble in reverse.

Best wishes to you from the "original" Jersey : Channel Isles.  A jewel set in a silver sea. (pinched from Shakespeare's quote on England :  A stone set in a silver sea)

I am an Englishman who invaded this emerald isle, Jersey, for just one year. They have refused emigration & I have had to endure  60 years of interminable beauty. Oh tut I will stay after all :yahoo:

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS
  • Haha 1