Dewoitine D-500V, Venezuelan Air Force, 1/72nd scale...

John Masters

4 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

And you get extra marks for completing the assembly without breaking off the aerial moulded on to the fuselage!

Oh...no...I broke it off for sure.  I just didn't document it!  So...points removed!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Final photo...then into the gallery.  Thus is one of my favourite Heller kits.  The decals were good too.  Nicely registered, opaque yellows, thin...the only drawback is the single-layer carrier which means one has to trim around the decal shape.  Could be problematic for those who drink too much caffeine.  In any case, it's a pretty little bird...I made this very clean as there were only 3 sent to Venezuela and I don't think they saw much action.  I may add some exhaust later.  Maybe.

50562271107_fc4218dcdf_c_d.jpg

What's next?  I shall peruse the stash...😁

--John

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers and well modelled.

Thank you Dave.  It's always a fun kit.

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

A triumph, John 

I am flattered.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

That's lovely John.  Congratulations!

Thank you Cliff!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Good to see a Latin American subject being built too.

I agree!

1 hour ago, Toryu said:

My favourite French interwar plane in exotic markings. Thanks for this variation.

Two of my favourite combinations too.  Thanks!

19 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Gosh, it's almost all legs! Very nice, and an unusual and attractive scheme.

Thank you Adrian.  Any points for reattaching the mast? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I think if there's a prize for most prolific modeller on BM you must surely be in the running. You keep coming up with really interesting subjects too.

4 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

I think if there's a prize for most prolific modeller on BM you must surely be in the running. You keep coming up with really interesting subjects too.

Haha!  Well...thank you Tony.  I have no life these days.  I look at these amazing builds and wonder of I will ever have the patience to actually build so slowly.

I am still learning so much.  I have only begun using an airbrush maybe less than than 2 years ago.  So much to learn.  

I do like odd subjects, not quite @Moa odd 😁, but perhaps 'obsolete' sometimes.  Smaller conflicts are always fun.  Small wars.

9 minutes ago, AaCee26 said:

How would you compare buildability of this with the KP one?

Well...it's a Heller, so there are mounting points and all that.  The same kind of gaps in the wing roots.  Holes and stuff for the landing gear.  The KP kits are a bit more work.  Both are good but Heller is a classic.  I am sure there are rivet counters who can go off at greater length than I.  

• Like 1