Respirator for Lacquer paint.

Rick Brown

Chaps.

I know this has been covered somewhere before, but I can't seem to find the answer.

Which mask and filter are you all using for airbrushing lacquer paint?

I need a new mask setup and am looking for suggestions.

I'd like a half mask rather than a full mask, as I do spray in a well ventilated area and only small amounts at a time.

Yes, I am aware of the dangers of ingress via the eyes etc, please keep this on topic, as topic creep seems to be an issue these days!

🙄

Rick.

Here you go Air Craft  Martin runs a superb set up, very fast delivery anywhere in the UK, I often get orders the next day if ordered before 3pm, I kid you not. 

It's the filter that matters not the masks as such, I've got the M3 7500 mask with 6051 filters had mine about 4 years, packed away in it's plastic bag after each use still works fine.  Filter life is really about volume through it, yes for some toxins it's also time exposed to air/moisture but for spraying model lacquer volume is what matters IMHO.  The instant I remove the mask I can smell the lacquer, even though I use a Bench Vent booth, with the mask on absolutely nothing.       

Edited by Kev The Modeller
  • Thanks 1

I have the same, well almost my half mask is a 7502. Use the same 6051 vapour & particulate filters.

Got it 10Years ago for my lead casting but has worked well at the spray booth too, seals particularly well and I have a beard, with it on you will smell nothing which is a good sign.

Well made except for the strap clip which is really fiddly and awkward to use and invariably tufts of hair come away when putting the damned thing on and off.

Seems to be a modern thing but "quality" products always seem to be spoilt for the ha'porth 'o' tar. Suppose it is the global volume sales context where shaving off a fraction of a penny is meaningful in profit terms when dealing in high volume sales, bloody merchants of greed, accountants.

• Thanks 1