1/72 Beech Kingair 200

Absolutely superb!

Always refreshing to see civil subjects like this one too.

The livery looks excellent - did the decals behave as well as the pics suggest or did they put up a fight? 

Also curious about the tender vehicle - comes with the RVHP kit or something you scratch-built, perhaps?

:clap2::clap2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, kapam said:

Absolutely superb!

Always refreshing to see civil subjects like this one too.

The livery looks excellent - did the decals behave as well as the pics suggest or did they put up a fight? 

Also curious about the tender vehicle - comes with the RVHP kit or something you scratch-built, perhaps?

:clap2::clap2:

Thank you very much! I do like building civil and general aviation subjects.

The decals perform flawlessly, that's saying a lot because I have NO luck with decals! some decals (the ones on the blue) have to be layered with a white stripe before a color stripe, lining one up on top of another can be a bit tough for my tired eyes.

The tender is an Eagle TT-8 made by F 4MODELS and is (was when I bought mine) available from Hannants. I bought 4 planning on doing an airport scene.

The mule is a resin kit which includes photo etch components and "Eagle Tug" decals. I added some WestWind Aviation decals like those that were on the real one, included on the Arctic Decals sheets.

6 hours ago, Moa said:

What a delightful model! Superb!

A great build with lots of appeal, and an unusual civil subject!

Checks all boxes.

Cheers

Most definitely agree!

• Thanks 1

That looks superb, cleanly built and painted. Good to see such smaller civil types which are often ignored by the kit maufactureres (although Amodel filled some gaps in the recent years).

Cheers

Markus

Edited by Shorty84

4 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

That looks superb, cleanly built and painted. Good to see such smaller civil types which are often ignored by the kit maufactureres (although Amodel filled some gaps in the recent years).

Cheers

Markus

Thanks, an Amodel 1900 supplied the wings (I bought the wrong kit) so a "bash" was in order. Plastic and resin=multi media?

1 hour ago, jeaton01 said:

Very well done, Chris.  One of my favorite airplanes from my flying days.

Thank you very much sir

25 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Ooh! Shiny!

Tamiya Lacquers, my new favorite paint for gloss coats

Yes I can only repeat all this. Very refreshing to see other types than 109 and Spitfires. Very clean finish, wich is really not easy in this scale.

all in all : Beautiful!

best regards

Andy 

14 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Yes I can only repeat all this. Very refreshing to see other types than 109 and Spitfires. Very clean finish, wich is really not easy in this scale.

all in all : Beautiful!

best regards

Andy 

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

Wow that's lovely 👏
I've built the Rareplane Vacform version and yours is 1,000 times better - love it!

Dermot

Wow! Thank you sir!

I did cheat and use Amodel Beechcraft 1900-C wings on it, I bought the wrong kit, it had baggage nacelles.

Thanks for looking and the kind words