Messerschmitt Bf 109G-2 1/72 Finemolds

Hey fellow modellers,

this is a recent quick build off my workbench, the 109 in the 'proper' colors:-) The kit itself is here for quite a long time now, but it is still a pleasure build.

The markings for MT-213 were sourced of a Techmod decal sheet. She wore the 'warpaint' colors and in April 1944 belonged to 1/HLeLv24, flown by Ilmari Juutilainen.

Cheers

Libor

50528059188_c63fc36d3b_o.jpg

50528786126_af8243fafd_o.jpg

50528786096_006c94aaf9_o.jpg

50528059283_7a3dd45898_o.jpg

50528785976_94896039f6_o.jpg

• Like 50
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Redboost said:

the 109 in the 'proper' colors:-)

109s in Finnish service are terrifying in their combat record and very attractive in these colours indeed. A fantastic job on this build, thank you for sharing!

• Thanks 1

Beautiful model, Libor, and in my favorite scheme for a G-2! The riveting job is amazing, too! I am curious- I noticed you highlighted the fuselage seams and the one that runs from the wing to the tailwheel on the underside, but not the one that ruins off-center from the cockpit to the fin on the spine.

Mike

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 109 fan said:

Can you tell us what colors you used (I'm assuming Gunze)?

Yes, Gunze Aqueous: base shades are H320 and H77 with RLM65 underneath.

7 hours ago, 72modeler said:

I am curious- I noticed you highlighted the fuselage seams and the one that runs from the wing to the tailwheel on the underside, but not the one that ruins off-center from the cockpit to the fin on the spine.

Mike

Right,  I do it on my 109 models in this way, since I just do not like that line on the spine:-) Instead, I put there a rivet line.

Thanks everyone for comments, much appreciated!

Cheers

Libor

Yet another beauty Libor. Always look forward to your new builds. What riveter do you use and what do you use for a guide? Any chance this will appear in a magazine? Thanks for sharing your builds!

• Thanks 1

Great job, Libor. As usual, you've created an amazing replica. And thanks for the tip on the Gunze colours for the Finnish camo - that may come in handy on an upcoming Brewster Buffalo project.

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Hobo said:

What riveter do you use and what do you use for a guide? Any chance this will appear in a magazine? Thanks for sharing your builds!

I use Rosie the Riveterer, the smallest wheel, I work freehand, only for extremely long lines I use Dymo type as a guide. I guess the basic technique could be found described online as well.

Bill, good luck with your Buffalo and take care!

Cheers

Libor