Airfix Fabric wing Hurricane 1/72.

Hi folk's,just finished my second and last entry for the Battle of Britain GB is Airfix's rag wing Hurricane,been nice to

build a more up to date kit after the mountain of oldies over the last couple of year's.big thank's to Chris for sending

the decals over from Canada to enable this scheme to be done.

20201025_122533

20201025_122351

20201025_122409

20201025_122429

20201025_122444

20201025_122524

• Like 43

Nice one Steve. I haven't been following the B of B GB (shame on me), but I assume this is the new tool Hurricane? I built one a year or so back and found it quite superb.

Terry

5 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Nice one Steve. I haven't been following the B of B GB (shame on me), but I assume this is the new tool Hurricane? I built one a year or so back and found it quite superb.

Terry

Thank's Terry yes it's the new tool version.

Hi Steve,

quite a superb build, as usual. 

I will have to get an Airfix Hurri on of these days, before they disappear!

Congrats!

JR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

It's the rigging that concerns me.

Lovely job on the Hurricane! I’m doing one at the moment and whilst it needed more filler than I expected the cockpit is a gem and it’s a lovely little kit almost as good as it’s 1/48 brother which is in my all time top 5 kits of all time!

ref the Heyford I built it a few years ago- there is a cracking build guide in an old early 80s Scale Aviation Models mag- 

I used Oasis wire (stainless strips of narrow gauge wire in a pack about 80p from Hobbycraft) you’ll be the judge of whether it worked!

ATB

TT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Lovely job on the Hurricane! I’m doing one at the moment and whilst it needed more filler than I expected the cockpit is a gem and it’s a lovely little kit almost as good as it’s 1/48 brother which is in my all time top 5 kits of all time!

ref the Heyford I built it a few years ago- there is a cracking build guide in an old early 80s Scale Aviation Models mag- 

I used Oasis wire (stainless strips of narrow gauge wire in a pack about 80p from Hobbycraft) you’ll be the judge of whether it worked!

ATB

TT

Very nicely done TT. The colour guide calls for bronze green but most things I've read said that in service they were painted in nivo, which yours appears to be. Am I correct?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jean said:

I will have to get an Airfix Hurri on of these days, before they disappear!

The latest boxing looks good - No. 1 Squadron markings, France 1940.

I've just asked Jeff Bezos to send me another one. 😁 

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Very nicely done TT. The colour guide calls for bronze green but most things I've read said that in service they were painted in nivo, which yours appears to be. Am I correct?

Thank you and sorry for the thread hijack! Yes it’s NIVO I think I used Humbrol 75- it’s all brushed 👍

• Thanks 1