Revell F-14D

Nice looking build. The star and bar national insignias look like the red stripe is too low on the bars on each side. It's very noticeable in the first picture and seen again afterward in the pictures of the insignias elsewhere on the airplane. Appears to be a decal misprint.

That's a beautiful build!

I'm very impressed with your panel lining - it really lifts the overall look in my view.

:goodjob:

Inspires me to take another look at my Hasegawa 1/72 kit!

22 minutes ago, aerotechi said:

Have the same model in build at the moment. 

What did you use for the upper fuse colour? The revell paint number in the instructions seems too dark to me. 

I always custom mix my colour at this scale as they won't look right out of the bottle. I use Tamiya light sea grey tone down with a bit of white. I adjust the mixture until I get the right shade.

Okay, I'll admit it.  I read the Heading of your RFI post and (because I'm old) assumed that it was referring to the 1/48 Revell F-14D (which is also old).   As I scrolled through your images, I thought "Wow. He re-scribed the panel lines, but for some reason his images look 'different from what I expected to see'".

Then like the proverbial frying pan hitting my head, I saw this image -

spacer.png

I can honestly state I was dumbfounded when I realized it was 1/144th scale!   That is very nice work, regardless of scale AND I allot it extra points for the skill working with precision akin to a watchmaker. 

Edited by John B