Mosquito 2-Stage Bomber 1/48

Tamiya base kit, aftermarket 2-stage Merlin engines (Jason Chatwin's original castings, recently reproduced by Brengun -BRL48124).  Resin conversion pieces were great.  Needed an in-flight bomber Mosquito to keep my FB in-flight Mosquito company on my work desk.

Fun conversion, learned some valuable lessons in re-scribing and once again realized I need to improve my canopy masking.  

Prop Blur props utilized.

Aeromaster 48-552 markings corrected for ML907 (HS-B, not GB-B as the markings state).  Pilot and Nav figure in there if you can see them.  I realized on this build just how much cockpit work you don't see when you close up the fuselage.  

Cheers

Collin

jIa9aZa.jpg

g4FZ396.jpg

RlvkBRw.jpg

Jzkju1O.jpg

d07jaWy.jpg

sWZj5bJ.jpg

NTA95Cc.jpg

70DEAyT.jpg

u7Ypqwr.jpg

Bu6FyNn.jpg

• Like 48
  • Thanks 2

I really enjoyed this posting as I have literally six sets of two-stages and no energy to build the PR.34 I have on the shelf. 

Brengun got the shape “right” and to my eyes it has the bulk of the original. I am not sure why the fasteners were not included but all-in-all it looks every bit the part. Beautiful build! 

Edited by 28ZComeback

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

A lovely build Collin, it was probably the scale why I missed it the first time around, I mainly do 1/72 models, in aircraft anyway but it is always a treat to view a nicely done build in any scale & this is definitely a nicely done build. :)

Steve.