Revell 1:24 Trabant 601

Superb model, really captures the spirit of the Trabbi.

My wife and I had a Trabant tour of Berlin about ten years ago. It was great fun due in no small measure to the driver/guide who was probably clinically insane but hugely entertaining and knowledgable about both Trabants and the weirder aspects of Berlin's history. Definitely recommended if the tours resume post-Covid.

9 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Superb model, really captures the spirit of the Trabbi.

My wife and I had a Trabant tour of Berlin about ten years ago. It was great fun due in no small measure to the driver/guide who was probably clinically insane but hugely entertaining and knowledgable about both Trabants and the weirder aspects of Berlin's history. Definitely recommended if the tours resume post-Covid.

Cheers Skodadriver! 😀 My wife and I did a bike tour of Berlin a few years back which was great and saw a good few static Trabis. Bike tour also highly recommended! 

All the best, Paul (also an actual Skoda Driver originally from Perthshire.....)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the feedback - sometimes everything comes together satisfactorily aye!

I've always had a soft spot for the Trabi and getting the kit as a birthday pressie was a real treat.

Very cool indeed!

Trabant joke...TV commercial...

Rainy, rainy night...people huddled beneath a bus station kiosk waiting for the bus, which is late.  

A Trabant pulls up, the window rolls down..."Anyone need a lift?", the driver asks the people waiting.

They all look at each other, weighing the options.  Fade to black.

6 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Very cool indeed!

Trabant joke...TV commercial...

Rainy, rainy night...people huddled beneath a bus station kiosk waiting for the bus, which is late.  

A Trabant pulls up, the window rolls down..."Anyone need a lift?", the driver asks the people waiting.

They all look at each other, weighing the options.  Fade to black.

Thanks! For the feedback and the joke! 😁