Revell 1:24 Trabant 601

Finished a few days ago but I was waiting for my chum to print the interior accessories.

Really enjoyed the build, especially the weathering, I'm sure there's more scope for extra bird poo too.

Posting from my phone - let's hope this works!

20201024_152747

20201024_153115

20201024_152759

20201024_152808

20201024_152815

20201024_152859

20201024_152944

20201024_152952

My folks had bought me the swish anniversary boxing for my birthday year so here it is in its intended environment:

20201024_153252

Edited by ModelMonkey
  • Like 29

31 minutes ago, cherry268 said:

Superb modelling, well done

Thanks - out of the box save for the radio aerial (a skinny string from one of the noodly 6 string guitars - I am a bass player) and the couple of classic LP's - Tayo Mago being a firm favourite.

39 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

That came out really well! I like the squeaky wiper! The paint looks very good too, it's just like on the real thing. 

Thanks Jeroen. I mixed the blue, sprayed the body, discarded the remaining paint, then noticed I'd missed a bit so had to mix a new batch and spray the whole thing as I couldn't match it exactly. There's a lesson in there!

1 minute ago, ModelMonkey said:

Thanks Jeroen. I mixed the blue, sprayed the body, discarded the remaining paint, then noticed I'd missed a bit so had to mix a new batch and spray the whole thing as I couldn't match it exactly. There's a lesson in there!

Ah yes... happens to me regularly. I think it's a hard lesson to remember 🙂 

• Haha 1

Revell really did a good job with their Trabant kits, and you've done a done it justice. Very nice build and good weathering too, as said above not overdone and looks right. Particularly good job masking to get that door too. Well done.

Thanks Old John and Spiny!

Agreed, Revell did a great job - this was a joy from start to finish. I admired your Trabi Spiny, lovely and clean. Something in my modelling DNA makes me a bit scared of trying an immaculate clean finish though!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ModelMonkey said:

Thanks Old John and Spiny!

Agreed, Revell did a great job - this was a joy from start to finish. I admired your Trabi Spiny, lovely and clean. Something in my modelling DNA makes me a bit scared of trying an immaculate clean finish though!

Oddly I'm the other way around - there's something in my modelling DNA which thinks I'll mess up a good finish if I try and weather it!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spiny said:

Oddly I'm the other way around - there's something in my modelling DNA which thinks I'll mess up a good finish if I try and weather it!

🙂 Horses for courses and all that! I do worry that at some point someone will ask me to build them an immaculate Porsche or summat. In the meantime, my output will be scuzzy, worn and a bit tatty.

• 2 weeks later...