Zvezda 1/350 Delta IV

This hasn't had a wip up to now, when it's nearly finished 😄, but my success rate in finishing Zvezda kits isn't great so I held off.

This one nearly went the same way because of this....

p?i=1996b584fb55d9e3d1c9c93f35b2b9b3

That tried my patience and then some. 

Fortunately Michael @Woodstock74 came to the rescue with not one set of 3d printed props but three alternatives available on eBay.

p?i=d8520c1df29af10fdfe7b07497c369bd

So this is where I am at the moment. Decals were applied today. Tomorrow I'll seal them in with a gloss coat and then some weathering.

p?i=d49dfd957f839b993fa2e45cacec989f

And then decide which props to use. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Funny looking beast really but not without her charms, I may have to try a sub sometime I think. How have you found the zvesda kits? Any reason you don't tend to finish them? I've built their dreadnought and found it generally good apart from a couple of joins on the superstructure, 

15 hours ago, S-boat 55 said:

Funny looking beast really but not without her charms, I may have to try a sub sometime I think. How have you found the zvesda kits? Any reason you don't tend to finish them? I've built their dreadnought and found it generally good apart from a couple of joins on the superstructure, 

It's probably a bit unfair on Zvezda but a couple of kits, aircraft included not just maritime subjects, that I've been unlucky with just happen to be theirs. Some of it I'll readily put my hands up and admit it was probably my own impatience. 

I'd recommend this one but be prepared for some seriously fiddly work with the props.

• Like 1