FV-603B Saracen

Hi everybody,

up for inspection is my little Saracen from Ace, which I finished recently. For anyone interested in the building process I provide the link to the WIP thread.

The build was not easy because of the many small detail parts and the flash everywhere - at some parts it was difficult to tell which was flash and where the part began. All in all I enjoyed the build, the real problem was me and my clumsiness.

Shortly before reaching the finish line the vehicle decided to act as an airplane but failed and landed hard on the floor losing all the small parts attached to the hull. Luckily I found all the parts again except one rear view mirror. Recently I found some time to scratch build the rear view mirror from plastic sheet and wire, now I call it done.

Colors by Gunze, weathered with dark brown wash and grey wash for the road dust.

y4mlY59x9LMKmPtfMTuucNJMAjm6Qd0caJLt_6Qb

y4me4IFNVpUhgMHoLxXRlrAsqIKBQPgH2fgX2Bhx

y4mGggg1l2bl6uvQRByopW7v9ryFkXGf0D2fJ_kV

y4mKiCUhzrvdWOoHbs3MYHl7h5xl1YPKcXV3T8TG

y4mSKTf6XSu68VSpL0483rLEXeXSwSIhOpR1-GHh

y4mifwk9C1D1_qeg96_67BJwiVXkjZ9TUkGxe-Jk

Thanks for looking!

Stay safe

• Like 23

Great result from the Ace kit.

Ace have some lovely braille scale subjects, but I never seem to be able to finish one due to the fit of the parts 😞

Peter

• Thanks 1

@Pedro1 Hi Peter, thank you very much for the nice words. The more recent offerings of Ace are great kits with good fit, but you have to work very carefully and precisely to get everything together. I agree, their older kits are a big challenge regarding the parts fit!

Stay safe

• 1 month later...