Porte Avions Foch.

stevej60

Hi Folk's I have two ships in the stash both given to me by my eldesr from his stash,this and the big queen Mary 

which only the good Lord knows will ever get built so I thought I would have a second attempt to build this in a GB.

Not really many parts and the island assembled,the deck and hull are one piece items so really easily painted and I

have no interest in painting the aircraft as they're really a bit poor so I think one session a week till the GB's end should

suffice.

20201024_194750

Popped the deck and island on for a photo she's over two feet long.

20201024_194709

• Like 7

Hi @stevej60, good choice, the Clemenceau class carrier. A nice addition to the multitude of topics we've seen in the GB so far. This box must be huge, what with 2 more ships inside. Good luck with this one!

• Like 1

Great stuff Steve 

Just remember if you are building that blooming great carrier, make sure it still gets through the door when its finished  !

Shame about the accompanying aircraft, is there no way of improving them ?

Best of luck with this one. 

Cheers Pat 

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great stuff Steve 

Just remember if you are building that blooming great carrier, make sure it still gets through the door when its finished  !

Shame about the accompanying aircraft, is there no way of improving them ?

Best of luck with this one. 

Cheers Pat 

Hi Pat it's just a little pet hate of mine I can never get these small planes looking anything half decent shame as some builds you see even

in 1/700 scale look superb done in the right hands.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I must keep an eye on this build not that I build 1:400 if I can help it. 

I nearly bought that set of three years ago when it was rereleased just for the Oiler but baulked at it as it seemed silly to buy something just for one third of it’s contents but now kicking myself I’d didn’t shell out for it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rob S said:

I must keep an eye on this build not that I build 1:400 if I can help it. 

Thanks Rob,having to use rattle cans outdoors  and the English winter don't mix so progress non existent at the moment,my eldest gave me the kit

after building the Oiler have to say it looks great built.