Heller Ouragan Patrouille de France

Afternoon all,first up in my Heller GB build's is the Ouragan from a set of three covering also the Magister and Alpha

jet,a nice simple oob build not helped by poor decals but plodded on to the finish.I used Tamiya's Chrome silver from

a jar brush coated with Humbrol gloss coat.Thank's for looking in and please check out the GB for a superb spread of

kits and genres,better still build something too!

20201024_155342

20201024_155336

20201024_155318

20201024_155307

20201024_155257

20201024_155248

20201024_155236

20201024_155221

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@stevej60 I had built this kit. Did you find the instructions rubbish? The decal references were all wrong and they forgot to label many decals. The hardest was trying to figure out the wing tank decals. Cant understand how your decals were of incorrect size.

This is mine:

IMGP0007

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AdriaN (MLT) said:

@stevej60 I had built this kit. Did you find the instructions rubbish?

That's a great build Adrian,yes the decal's were a pain and on mine I just got the stars to where I thought looked right as for the Alpha jet and

Magister that were part of the set they're stalled right now due to the poor decals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

That's a great build Adrian,yes the decal's were a pain and on mine I just got the stars to where I thought looked right as for the Alpha jet and

Magister that were part of the set they're stalled right now due to the poor decals.

Steve, which re-boxing was your Ouragan kit? I think you got the 1988 model set boxing hence the bad decals. Mine was the 2013 Ouragan one, decals were to scale.
If you wish I can send you my spare Heller 1980 Magister PAdF decals. You just need to leave them facing the sun for a few weeks as they are slightly yellow.

Edited by AdriaN (MLT)