Recommend me an enamel paint..

Steve Noble

I am just getting back into building and have chosen the Tamiya 1/24 Subaru WRC car from 1998. I used to use Tamiya enamel paints predominantly for brush painting the 'fiddly' bits such as the brake discs and some suspension components where I physically couldn't mask and spray them. I'm finding it hard to obtain the Tamiya enamels. Does anyone know a good source for the Tamiya enamel paint or can you recommend an alternative enamel paint that has equivelant colours to match the Tamiya ones. It's mainly gunmetal X-10, Chrome Silver X-11, Flat Aluminium XF-16, Metallic Grey XF-56 and possibly Gold X-12. I don't want to use Humbrol as I've tried them recently and they were awful. So what's the 'go to' enamel at the moment that's good for brush painting? 

21 minutes ago, bmwh548 said:

I actually don't like Mr. Metal Color for brush painting, they work great in the airbrush though.

They work fine for me, although I would airbrush them for large areas.

1 hour ago, tank152 said:

Leave the enamel paint for the luddites of the modelling world, move into the 21st century and get yourself some Mr Metal Color. Ideal for the tasks you mention. 

https://www.premiumhobbies.co.uk/mr-metal-colour

Thanks, I already have some Mr Metal Color, although I've never tried brush painting with them? They do airbrush very nicely though..

1 hour ago, bmwh548 said:

I actually don't like Mr. Metal Color for brush painting, they work great in the airbrush though.

@Steve Noble: did you try Super-hobby.com? I remember they used to stock Tamiya's enamels.

Thanks, I've just placed an order here, they had all the colours I needed in Tamiya enamel.