Good morning everybody... this is my second of two builds from the Mediterranean 3 group build. It is the 1/48 Hasegawa Macchi C.202 in the markings of the 153* Gruppo Commanders aircraft. 

https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/54º_Stormo

Rz27l02.jpg

EV5q0Rm.jpg

H2qdDVG.jpg

birZD2i.jpg

v86pFPu.jpg

K2DGPsi.jpg

KEQ0HHN.jpg

djo2WnX.jpg

rPDfyxq.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, or visit my build thread. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235079340-a-macchi-for-me-dogfight-duo-1/

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 54
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Very impressive, Dennis. How long did the camo take to do?

The Nocciola Chiaro 4(sand) took two sessions of about 30 minutes each. One for the base and the second to lighten/fade certain panels. The Verde Oliva scuro 2 (green) smoke rings were all done in one session about 30-40 minutes long. There is a tutorial in the build thread. Its the first post on page 3. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks great and a very well done doing the smoke rings yourself. I also like the separate nose camo. I gives a certain "WTF" moment to the uninitiated. When I did my Italeri 1:48 C.205, I wimped out and used the decals

• Thanks 1

Those smoke rings do look good, as does the entire aircraft build.  I think the advantage of airbrushing instead of a decal option, is you get that free hand look with various densities of the sprays.

regards,

Jack

• Thanks 1

Fantastic scale model Dennis!  :clap2:  Those Italian fighters were certainly beautiful machines and represent a big gap in my meager collection.  I currently don't have a single example built or otherwise.  Your great Folgore may well soon change that status. ;) 

That paint job is just marvelous and deserves a center spot in any display.  :worthy:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Just love these Italian fighters. they are beautiful lookers and that's a cracking job you've done Dennis. I'm assuming the red and white stripes are specific to the commanders aircraft?

Pete

Thank you... You know I wondered the same thing about the stripes, looking through photo’s I didn't come across a lot if any so presume that to be the reason ? 

2 hours ago, fubar57 said:

Looks great and a very well done doing the smoke rings yourself. I also like the separate nose camo. I gives a certain "WTF" moment to the uninitiated. When I did my Italeri 1:48 C.205, I wimped out and used the decals

Thanks that's exactly the emotion I was going for. Lets just say the cowling and engine were replaced due to combat damage. I did look around for the decals but in the end between cost and availabilty I took the chance my skills were up to the task.

1 hour ago, JackG said:

Those smoke rings do look good, as does the entire aircraft build.  I think the advantage of airbrushing instead of a decal option, is you get that free hand look with various densities of the sprays.

regards,

Jack

I agree they do carry the look of field/factory applied camouflage. 

54 minutes ago, fubar57 said:

The Italeri kit comes with the smoke rings as decals. I wish I could zoom in as they look like they were sprayed on

Good to know for those two unsure of spraying them. I need a Veltro so may get one in the not so distant future. 

Really nice model Dennis :yes: The Italians built really good looking fighters once they got German engines :whistle: You've chosen a really interesting set of markings, never seen such red bands and letters on Italiann fighters.

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Shorty84 said:

Really nice model Dennis :yes: The Italians built really good looking fighters once they got German engines :whistle: You've chosen a really interesting set of markings, never seen such red bands and letters on Italiann fighters.

Cheers

Markus

Thank you Markus.. I chose the kits option with smoke-rings, Hasegawa chose the markings. Granted they do pop and stand out though. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Waow !! That's really a great job Cousin !!

These smoke rings are so neat !!

I must learn the skills to start doing this...

I'll start with german Mötling as a beginning !!

Congrats !!

CC

• Thanks 1