Black Knight Voodoo

Can’t believe I missed this until now. Love that paint job! I was instructing (civilian) in North Bay at the time. I got to sit in the black beast. Even got to spend time in the circuit in my Cessna with it’s trainer sister. We gave it the right of way! Got to see it’s final departure to retirement as well. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 7:41 PM, Robin-42 said:

Can’t believe I missed this until now. Love that paint job! I was instructing (civilian) in North Bay at the time. I got to sit in the black beast. Even got to spend time in the circuit in my Cessna with it’s trainer sister. We gave it the right of way! Got to see it’s final departure to retirement as well. 

Many thanks Robin-42! 👍 It must have been an awesome sight in that striking black & red, to see, on the ground & in the air. My inspiration were some photos in one of the old Osprey colour booklets and some choice photos from Peter Foster who contributed to a few of those books. I had very few references for the adjustments they made in adding the sensors & pods. It was only after finishing it that I realized I could have purchased a resin flare dispenser pod to hang underneath.

Cheers & all the best

Martin

On 11/11/2020 at 5:41 PM, Natter said:

That's proper black magic. Look forward to seeing it next to Black Mike too.

I'll start on the Phantom very soon using the Airfix kit. I hope the kit stands up well to my seasoned 1/72 scrutiny! I've heard the panel lines are rather over done. I might even start a rare in progress thread for it!

Martin

On 11/13/2020 at 8:07 AM, CJP said:

great Voodoo and interesting background info

On 11/13/2020 at 8:12 AM, Brigbeale said:

What a stunner!!!🤩🤩🤩

fantastic work

Well done

👏👏👏

On 11/13/2020 at 8:13 AM, Homer said:

Beautiful model 👏

On 11/13/2020 at 9:51 AM, Alan P said:

Top drawer modelling, not a seam in sight and a perfect glossy finish as well. Also, everything that @Gary Brantley said, lovely job! 

1 hour ago, busnproplinerfan said:

She’s a pretty one. Best scheme on a Voodoo. I’d like to do what if F-8 in this scheme.

Many thanks chaps, much appreciated! 😊👍

I think I'm on to a winner with shiny black jets!

Black Mike next & I've got a nice Draken in gloss black anniversary scheme!

Martin

5 hours ago, junglierating said:

Thats hoofin mate a real beauty....is it the old Matchbox kit reboxed?😀

Ah, thanks for that! Much appreciated!

It was a new tool released by Revell with very nice smooth plastic & nice finely tooled panel lines.

The only things not especially good were the location points for the main undercarriage legs into the upper wing which needed brass pins drilling. 

There's also attachment points for landing lights on the nose gear leg, but they're not included in the clear parts.

Martin

• Like 1