Early Spitfire PR by ......Eduard???

Jurek Greinert

Hello, I have a technical question for experts on the subject. Based on Eduard overtresses, I would like to make an early PR out of this set:
spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

The first painting in Camonint green is quite clear, although I have doubts whether to use the late Mk.1

As for the second painting, i.e. Mk.4 from Palestine, I have more doubts than knowledge. The four was probably based on the Mk.V - without weapons, with a D-type wing (fuel tank in the caisson / wing tips).
Whether and what frames to use ????
Didn't the D patch have a different drawing of panel lines in relation to the fuel tanks ???
Was it designed from scratch or is it just a plane without any weapons ???
 In the English publication I found a suggestion (before Eduard was created) to use Tamyia Mk.1 for PR type D (PRMk1D / PR Mk.IV)
I will be grateful for your help

Edited by Jurek Greinert
  • Like 2

The production Spitfire PR Type D had specially designed and manufactured wet wings which, other than for the first few examples, were married to the Spitfire V airframe. Previous PR versions (Type B, C, F and G) all used the standard fighter A wing which were subsequently modified as required depending on the version ie the Type G retained the wing armament and carried the additional fuel and cameras in the fuselage behind the pilot.

Hi Jurek,

With the Type A the 5in lenses were just proud of the wing and I believe the 8in lenses used on the Type B also protruded from the wing. The first camera fairing was introduced on the Type C which housed two F.24 cameras with 8in lenses under the starboard wing.

Edited by Andy Fletcher
typo