Tamiya 1/35 Horch 4x4 1a (DAK)

Watto64

After a prolonged (over 35 years!) absence away from the hobby, I have started up with the modelling bug once more!  My first 'real' attempt is the Tamiya 1/35 Horch 4x41a, being modelled in DAK colours.  (did an Italeri 1/35 Kubelwagen back in April but keeping this as my practice model).   I will also be attempting a diorama when it is complete!  Anyway here goes, first steps.  I've never done washes, dry brushing or weathering before, so please be gentle on me!!!

Applied a AK Afrika Korps Wash and started drybrushing on the wheels

y4m9atDmBx34vQLW9QWKP9OgjcamYCtQMzwNeOVq

y4mzVHiT7xZpTN3GpT_DT-xB9k7oZf2Qjtp1ZNkh

y4m3tUbQobqN6SzioTE5kQjxbeSpZw74fQOKyI_t

Needs some touching up on the doors.

More to do but will keep it going!!1

Edited by Watto64
  • Like 7

I think that looks really good, especially after the break! :)

I'm in the same position as you having got back into things after a similar break... Things have moved on somewhat and its great fun catching up on the missing 3 decades...

Richard

35 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Nice result. 

What paint do you use?

As kit is grey plastic, primer was Tamiya Grey spray paint and then Tamiya TS-3 spray can and then for touch ups Tamiya acrylic XF-60 Dark Yellow.

• Thanks 1

Welcome back to the gang 😊👍

Well this takes me back. It was one I did back in my yoof. Ah happy days. Things have changed since then as I'm sure, like me, you've found out 😉

Have fun. 

A

1 hour ago, APA said:

Welcome back to the gang 😊👍

Well this takes me back. It was one I did back in my yoof. Ah happy days. Things have changed since then as I'm sure, like me, you've found out 😉

Have fun. 

A

I only did aircraft in my yoof.  Always been interested in WW2 but  read Spike Milligans war memoirs early in the year which sort of kick started my interest in the Desert War in N Africa.......

• Like 1

• Watto64 changed the title to Tamiya 1/35 Horch 4x4 1a (DAK)

Build almost finished - going to add a figure cleaning the MG and then put it on a diorama.

I've tried subtle weathering using a wash, some dry brushing and a dry pigment brush.   It is my first attempt and I wanted to try and get the hang of the techniques rather than going overboard.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

Ah that brings back memories. One of my first ever kits was that one with the 20mm towed flak. 

It looks great, youre very neat and the washes and lightening for the weathering look very convincing. From one older hobby returnee to another, well done and welcome back! :)