airfix gloster meteor fr.9 1/48

started the varnishing, tamiya x22, by applying a couple of coats to the top and once that has dried i can turn it over and do the underside. not very glossy, don't know if that is right or not but it is going down well.

as a try out i did the engine stand and one of the engines and applied a little weathering. i think they have come out really well.

GaQVbZa.jpg

FPlP2P2.jpg

SvgwZKM.jpg

NLv4OGX.jpg

thanks for looking

ken

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

after a lay off due to a family bereavement i'm closing in on the end of this.

the last few weeks have been a struggle to get time so its not turned out as well as i had hoped. 

it also felt like there was more decals than parts, which was frustrating enough putting them, but to watch some of them come off during the weathering was well let me just say i was a little peeved.

NrEHsUM.jpg

RxWqR7m.jpg

Nk933EG.jpg

1AfNt4k.jpg

mtHsjlF.jpg

bEzmoAS.jpg

qZbiGV2.jpg

SXrHTxz.jpg

dfDKxG9.jpg

ycx8IRm.jpg

utfstqz.jpg

feel i've went a little heavy and uneven of the weathering, but its all part of the learning curve.

thanks

ken

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

laying this one to rest, had a few issues, mostly my fault but some was the kits.

major problem though was that it took me too long, a trying time all round that led to some poor decisions and loss of focus at times.

heavy handed with the weathering is being polite and varnishing needs a bit of work.

i'd give the kit 8.5 out of 10 and although i'm happy with the build as i can see some progress from the last one i'd give myself 7 out of 10.

8VMpmAK.jpg

BD333vb.jpg

Wt0JxpD.jpg

j3Lo8cT.jpg

Zl1cFAx.jpg

TaNtkoM.jpg

9v0sI6T.jpg

llIWRIe.jpg

1jME8rm.jpg

vMuOJXb.jpg

D9LdVf1.jpg

wmJFiVl.jpg

thanks for looking,

ken

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Ddubya said:

Looks great Ken!  Looks like a nice kit.

Thanks, 

It's a very good kit, only one thing stops it being a great kit, the glass at the front for the camera needs sanding down a lot to get the nose and camera deck to fit. 

Ken 

• Like 1