Horton go229 ideas?

Doggy

Hi all.

I don't fancy following the revell camo scheme and seeing as this isn't a real aircraft as such I don't feel too guilty about it.

So I'm looking for ideas or suggestions for a fantasy build, any ideas?

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Doggy said:

Hi all.

I don't fancy following the revell camo scheme and seeing as this isn't a real aircraft as such I don't feel too guilty about it.

Thanks. 

How far a-fantasy-field were you thinking? Roman empire vs the nasty Teutons? (Or perhaps, more appropriately, vice-versa?) The Devonshire aerial constabulary (taking a seriously hard line on discourteous drivers)? Or perhaps Microsoft's latest "We'd really like you to buy our computers" advertising vehicle? The possibilities are really endless.

If you can make your own decals, it's a particularly wide-open field, with the easy availability of commercial logos and images. There's also the chance to add some humor.

Here's one I did a while ago with one of Atlantis Models' 'UFO's':

spacer.png

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Doggy said:

Hi all.

Thanks. 

Actually it was a real aircraft.  One prototype actually flew, in December of '44 according to information out there.  So think more of it as a WW2 prototype than a paper fantasy like so many of the other Wunderwaffe were.  May not have been in service as the Revell box art depicts but the camo Revell depict is potentially correct for the time.  Look up the Smithsonian Ho 229 (or it might be in the National Air and Space Museum) if you want to see how a later mark prototype looked - you can make out that there is at least 2 colours with the bottom being lighter than the top, ignore the swastikas though as they were apparently painted on by the US after it was captured.

Be a shame to paint it as a fantasy, you wouldn't do that to prototypes that were built by the UK or US...

But if you must, maybe paint it orange or yellow like test planes built by the UK or US...

Edited by RobL
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RobL said:

Actually it was a real aircraft.  One prototype actually flew, in December of '44 according to information out there.  So think more of it as a WW2 prototype than a paper fantasy like so many of the other Wunderwaffe were.  May not have been in service as the Revell box art depicts but the camo Revell depict is potentially correct for the time.  Look up the Smithsonian Ho 229 (or it might be in the National Air and Space Museum) if you want to see how a later mark prototype looked - you can make out that there is at least 2 colours with the bottom being lighter than the top, ignore the swastikas though as they were apparently painted on by the US after it was captured.

Be a shame to paint it as a fantasy, you wouldn't do that to prototypes that were built by the UK or US...

But if you must, maybe paint it orange or yellow like test planes built by the UK or US...

That's a really good point. I'll just go with the box art.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Ed Russell said:

Thanks for that.

19 hours ago, silverkite211 said:

As promised (or threatened, you choose), here is a photo showing the paint scheme I applied freehand with an airbrush.

spacer.png

Probably should've taken it out of the photo album, but you get the idea.

That's good.