Tamiya LVTP7A1 (1:35)

Ernst

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Here's my lvtp-7 from tamiya. It was a fun kit to build but I did experience some fit issues. I filled the vision ports in the little turret with some styrene strip because it looked like a bunker. Merdc is one of my favorite camouflage schemes and I remember the Tamiya cataloges were filled with these schemes. The box art depicts the tropical verdant but I chose the summer verdant because I like the bright green and the contrast it provides. They were airbrushed with vallejo paints.

Thank you for watching,

Cheers,

Ernst.

• Like 24

Superb work Ernst. I love the bright green....it really lifts the overall look of the vehicle and the camo has been very well executed. I also particularly like the rainwash marks down the sides of the vehicle.

Nice one 👍

• Thanks 1

On 23/10/2020 at 13:27, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Nice job - you dont often see many of these built!

TT 

Thank you very much TT

17 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Lovely. That camo paint job is great and I agree with you on that brighter green. It just gives it that extra lift. Top job Ernst👏

Thank you Stef, Iḿ glad you like it. When I googled merdc summer verdant I came across an abrams and a bradley with these brighter tones. I mixed it from Vallejo's Russian green and a lot of yellow and a few drops of light green to freshen it up.

16 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Fantastic result Ernst! I do like the camo and finish! Very well done. 

Kind regards, 

Stix

Thank you so much, I really appreciate that.

2 hours ago, StuartH said:

Superb work Ernst. I love the bright green....it really lifts the overall look of the vehicle and the camo has been very well executed. I also particularly like the rainwash marks down the sides of the vehicle.

Nice one 👍

Thank you Stuart. I tried at first to give an ultra matt finish you see sometimes on merdc painted vehicles but the varnish always dried a bit semigloss. So that's when I thought, let's add some of these stripes, not too much because it's amphibious.

• Like 1