SEPECAT Jaguar windscreen replacement

rodenlee

Hi all

In keeping with the trend of my Kittyhawk Jaguar build, which is lurching from drama to drama, I have now cracked the windscreen while masking it and am wondering if anyone knows of a vacform Jaguar canopy.

I have had a fair search and can't find anyone who makes one...

Thanks team

2 hours ago, fubar57 said:

Have you tried to contact Kittyhawk about a replacement?

I have sent emails to the three email adresses suggested in various forums and the one to '[email protected] has bounced as "invalid recipient".

I will also try and send them a FB message...

Have you tried any other contacts means?

If crack is not very big and parts of windscreen are not apart, you may try to dip it in the Future. It may help, i did it once and result was very good. Crack was seen only from one angle and was invisible from others. But changing cracked windscreen will be more effective remedy.

9 hours ago, fubar57 said:

Have you tried to contact Kittyhawk about a replacement?

Their was an announcementt on their FB page that currently they can only process replacement parts for those defective in kits even if you are offering to pay at the present time

8 hours ago, rodenlee said:

I have sent emails to the three email adresses suggested in various forums and the one to '[email protected] has bounced as "invalid recipient".

Might be case sensitive , try  -  [email protected]  -  instead , I got an email from her at that address this morning notifying me of some new releases.

8 hours ago, Des said:

Might be case sensitive , try  -  [email protected]  -  instead , I got an email from her at that address this morning notifying me of some new releases.

Thanks Des
I have just sent another email.  I have now tried 3 email addresses, left a comment on the FB page and sent a FB message to Sophia. 

8 hours ago, JagRigger said:

Saw title, thought I could help -then realised you didn't need a real one .....

I wish!!

14 hours ago, Egi vandor said:

If crack is not very big and parts of windscreen are not apart, you may try to dip it in the Future. It may help, i did it once and result was very good. Crack was seen only from one angle and was invisible from others. But changing cracked windscreen will be more effective remedy.

Thanks for your suggestion.  I have tried Future and, while the crack was masked somewhat, it is still pretty obvious- still that may yet be my only option!

Cheers

Shaun

On 10/24/2020 at 2:48 AM, rodenlee said:

I've just heard from Sophia and she's seeing if the factory has one in stock...fingers crossed!

If they can't sort you out with a replacement, drop me a PM, I can make you a resin replacement, I'm currently building a prototype Jag from the kittyhawk kit.

6 hours ago, Blacktjet said:

If they can't sort you out with a replacement, drop me a PM, I can make you a resin replacement, I'm currently building a prototype Jag from the kittyhawk kit.

Will do Blacktjet...thank you very much.

I am intrigued about your project too...any photos to share??  How are you finding the KH kit?

Cheers

Shaun

On 23/10/2020 at 01:29, rodenlee said:

Hi all

In keeping with the trend of my Kittyhawk Jaguar build, which is lurching from drama to drama, I have now cracked the windscreen while masking it and am wondering if anyone knows of a vacform Jaguar canopy.

I have had a fair search and can't find anyone who makes one...

Thanks team

Hi rodenlee,

I was building this kit a long while back, and my Cousins Kids got a hold of it sitting on my desk and played with it and broke it beyond repair, I threw the kit out, but I'm almost positive I've got the main Canopy here, if it is it, you are more than welcome to it

Papa4ways

Fred

7 minutes ago, Papa4ways said:

Hi rodenlee,

I was building this kit a long while back, and my Cousins Kids got a hold of it sitting on my desk and played with it and broke it beyond repair, I threw the kit out, but I'm almost positive I've got the main Canopy here, if it is it, you are more than welcome to it

Papa4ways

Fred

rodenlee,

I've taken a picture of what I've got, the problem is, I don't know how to upload pictures to te site, I've only ever uploaded one picture, and that was a fluke

Papa4ways

Fred

3 hours ago, Papa4ways said:

rodenlee,

I've taken a picture of what I've got, the problem is, I don't know how to upload pictures to te site, I've only ever uploaded one picture, and that was a fluke

Papa4ways

Fred

You need to upload the image to a photo hosting site and then link it to the thread. Instructions in the linked thread