1/350 HMS Kent County Class Cruiser 1941

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Rob,

Followed your build for a while, but later lost the track. All the aftermarkets make it looks super. Your WIP was full of details and lots of handy information.

I am hoping to see HMS Kent in real life somewhere. Well done.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kris B said:

Hi Rob,

Followed your build for a while, but later lost the track. All the aftermarkets make it looks super. Your WIP was full of details and lots of handy information.

I am hoping to see HMS Kent in real life somewhere. Well done.

Thanks Chris - really appreciate that 

Rob

Hi Rob ,

I am Alain (remember? the guy  desperatly looking for info about HMS BICKERTON camo scheme..)

As a new member I was looking forward to investigating this forum further and discovering you achievments.

Well I have just watched those amazing pics of your HMS KENT. Congratulations ! a true masterpiece. I wouldn't think of reaching such a level of perfection.. Stunning.

What did you use for the rigging?  With so many tiny details, I guess it was mostly hand- painted with appropriate brushes, wasn'it?

Thanks again for your useful pieces of advice about bickerton.

Best regards

Alain

• Thanks 1

Thanks Alain

You are very kind.

It's almost wholly finished with an airbrush.  It's easier, I'm lazy and you get a much better finish than you ever would with brushes.  

Rigging on this model was done with Uschi fine or super fine (Infini is an alternative, I use whichever is the first to come out of the rigging box).  It's all elastic and together with Bob's Buckles makes rigging a painless and enjoyable exercise.

Best

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the information.

Well painting ships model with airbrush must be quite a challenge... so many small details, lot of masking, I suppose.

You must use very small brushes every now and then , probably.

I had heard of Uschi Fine but have no experience. I also had a look at EZ lines on the webb. Looks fairly easy to use, they say but somewhat expensive and not always easy to find...

I am still quite far away from the rigging but I like preparing the job beforehand ..

I haven't had time enough to read your log build about HMS KENT but I'll surely do very soon. Must be full of useful hints and tips.

How many ships models have you built so far? A good many, I imagine... this must be the fabulous result of years of experience-

Have a nice week-end

Regards

Alain