B-26 Marauder variations

Seahawk

I’m currently working on a Hasegawa B-26 Marauder and would be grateful for help in determining which options are appropriate to which aircraft, not just so I finish the model accurately but also to determine where I can use the redundant parts.  Block numbers would be really nice: there is evolution even among the B-26F/G variants.  My usual sources, B-26 Marauder At War and B-26 Marauder in Action, are not proving too helpful.

1.  Square v rounded seat backs;

2. Half-wheel v spectacle type control columns;

3. Spoked v solid nose wheel

4. Fabric-covered (apparently, according to Hasegawa) v glazed lower portion of rear turret (the bit the two 0.50s stick through).

Some types have every minor change recorded in detail: the Marauder is not one of them, as far as I can tell.

Many thanks in advance.

@hwallen1410  Two very useful links: thank you.  They give exactly the sort of sub-block by sub-block breakdown I was looking for.  Conclusive answer to Q.4 from both sites: canvas-covered aperture from F-2 and F-6 blocks onward.  Also saved me from the mistake of adding the shell collector pan under the tail position (G-10/11 blocks onward only).  Surprised something as obvious as the nosewheel hub type escaped their attention: I expect it's another F/G feature.

@Gooneybird  Can't recall ever having seen that book.  Must look out for it.

Again: thanks both. 

PS Further contributions gratefully received!

There is another excellent Marauder reference work, but it is very pricey. B-26 Marauder, The Ultimate Look, by William Wolf. We also had a long discussion on B-26 details a while back that you could look for, and I vaguely recall this subject was discussed. If you can't find an answer to your question, pm me and I can look in my copy of the Wolf book.

Mike

On 22/10/2020 at 19:16, Seahawk said:

Some types have every minor change recorded in detail: the Marauder is not one of them, as far as I can tell.

I know @Dana Bell did work on the painting standards, Martin got special dispensation of painting,  he maybe able to add in on the detail you asked about as well.

• Thanks 1