Revell/Zvezda Messerschmitt Bf 109F-2

IanC

Hello all. This is the excellent little 1/72 Revell Bf 109F-2 (originally from Zvezda). Finished in the markings of the Gruppenkommandeur of II/JG 53 on the Channel Front in 1941. It's the scheme given in the kit, but I used decals from an Xtradecal set. It made for a nice, quick build and it was good to do something other than an Emil or Gustav! It also come with a nice pilot figure, which I wish I'd put in now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 59
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very nice Friedrich! Perhaps the best looking version of the 109, at that.

Thanks Joachim. I have to agree. Though only a 'snap-fit' kit, I think it captures the lines of the real thing very well. 

5 hours ago, Nanond said:

The spinning propeller shots are especially nice. Very well done model. It looks bigger than 1/72.

Nanond

Many thanks Nanond. I now make a point of keeping the props free to turn - gives added play value! 😁

Very clean execution, but I agree you should have stuck the pilot in, especially with that spinning prop shot. I built one of these recently, lovely kit, most shape accurate F in 1/72. I was also too lazy to add the aileron mass balances 😝

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vlad said:

I was also too lazy to add the aileron mass balances 😝

Haha. Yes, I skipped a few things. I tend to go for the overall effect, rather than worry too much about details. Lazy modelling.... 😁  

A great, clean build that really allows the striking colors to shine! One more in support of the pilot, would have added even more. In any case, thumbs up!

I had considered getting Zvezda's F-2 as I hear it's very accurate in shape and easy to build, and is very cheap where I live (unlike Tamiya's G-6). You build definitely convinces me to get one or two, although I doubt I can get such a good result!

• Thanks 1

I agree with what you say about keeping props free to spin. It makes for such a realistic setting.

I have a couple of these in my stash and you've really made me think about bringing one closer to the bench.

Thanks for posting.

• Thanks 1