Aoshima 1/24 MGB 1968

The earlier version of the MBG from Aoshima, very nice kerbside kit with plenty of detail.

Painted with Zero Paints Signal Red.   Body stripe and windshield done using Chrome metal foil.

IVRTyEG.jpg

7t6BknB.jpg

tOrfMfP.jpg

And with the late version.

RcHQrUN.jpg

Thanks for looking

Warren

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful models, both. Can this kit be built as a left-hand-drive version? I owned a '68 MGB and have always wanted to built a model of it. I've always regretted letting the car go, but that;s a different story.

Very nice model.  Nicely shiny and no chance of galloping tin worm!  I might have to invest in one of these kits.

I like the blue one too, the rubber bumpers didn't look so bad with darker colours; that said all the rubber B's I met were slightly later that had the deckchair seat coverings which would be challenging but colourful in 1/24, I guess also with headrests?  

8 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Beautiful models, both. Can this kit be built as a left-hand-drive version? I owned a '68 MGB and have always wanted to built a model of it. I've always regretted letting the car go, but that;s a different story.

Hi Space Ranger, the kit only comes right hand drive I'm afraid.

Thanks all for the kind words

Excellent job: a lovely clean build with that “showroom shine” 😜 Did you lower the chrome bumper one? I seem to recall someone here saying it’s just a matter of mounting the floor plate on top of the U-clips inside the body instead of in the gap...

best,

M.

Warren,

Fabulous gloss red and overall gorgeous clean build. I always loved the styling of these B model roadsters (until they had to include the hideous big rubber bumpers here in the states).  A friend of mine just purchased a '73 MG B GT (the lift-back coupe) with a Rover small block V-8 (!!!) installed and I would love to try to recreate a scale model as a gift for him.  Has Aoshima or anyone else ever produce a scale model of the coupe? Any resin options out there?

John

12 hours ago, nearsightedjohn said:

Warren,

Fabulous gloss red and overall gorgeous clean build. I always loved the styling of these B model roadsters (until they had to include the hideous big rubber bumpers here in the states).  A friend of mine just purchased a '73 MG B GT (the lift-back coupe) with a Rover small block V-8 (!!!) installed and I would love to try to recreate a scale model as a gift for him.  Has Aoshima or anyone else ever produce a scale model of the coupe? Any resin options out there?

John

This is the only GT I know of and it is not released yet as far as I know.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/153164-mgb-gt-from-c1-models/

• Like 1

There is a 1/24 white metal kit available (although I don't know how available at the moment) originally done by Scale Link. I ''think'' the moulds might have gone to somebody else but can't remember who. There's still a pic of it on the front page of Scale Link's (absolutely awful) website but a search on there doesn't find anything.

Keith

Edit - it's South Eastern Finecast that I was thinking of that now apparently does a 24th GT. It's at the bottom of this page;

http://www.sefinecast.co.uk/Car Kits/1 24th Scale Car Kits Page 1.htm

but I can't see any info on availability.

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for the comments.

I had a look for a GT as well and didn't come up with anything.  The South Eastern Finecast is out of production if the Price List is anything to go by.

On 23/10/2020 at 17:44, cmatthewbacon said:

Excellent job: a lovely clean build with that “showroom shine” 😜 Did you lower the chrome bumper one? I seem to recall someone here saying it’s just a matter of mounting the floor plate on top of the U-clips inside the body instead of in the gap...

best,

M.

No the chassis is installed as the instructions.

On 24/10/2020 at 16:07, keefr22 said:

There is a 1/24 white metal kit available (although I don't know how available at the moment) originally done by Scale Link. I ''think'' the moulds might have gone to somebody else but can't remember who. There's still a pic of it on the front page of Scale Link's (absolutely awful) website but a search on there doesn't find anything.

Keith

Edit - it's South Eastern Finecast that I was thinking of that now apparently does a 24th GT. It's at the bottom of this page;

http://www.sefinecast.co.uk/Car Kits/1 24th Scale Car Kits Page 1.htm

but I can't see any info on availability.

I guess you can telephone to see what's available?

I like the models offered by SE Finecast but the business model is inconvenient enough to be quite off-putting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnlambert said:

I guess you can telephone to see what's available?

I like the models offered by SE Finecast but the business model is inconvenient enough to be quite off-putting. 

The website doesn't help either - shades of 1990's web design!

I'm not wanting one tbh John, I've got an Aoshima rally/race roadster version so that's enough for me!

Keith

• Like 1