A little help required

grufsnik

Morning folks, years ago I bought a phantom kit in its sprue bag. No decals, no instructions, nothing!! Decals I think I can scare some bits up from spares e. c. t

But instructions I could do with if I can narrow down the manufacturer. 

Does anybody recognise the kit?? The sprue bag says made in Italy, does that point to Italeri?? 

It's an older kit with the arrester hook molded on the body. 

I might find the instructions online if I can identify the kit. 

DSC_0984

DSC_0983

DSC_0982

Cany anybody help?? 

All the best, 

G

That looks very much like the sprues for the ESCI F4C

1 minute ago, Junchan said:

That looks like an ESCI F-4C/J. You can download a PDF file of the instructions here.

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/5/0/6/128506-36-instructions.pdf

Jun in Tokyo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/horaburo/albums/72157632118461701

/J kit.

Ha, beat me to it!

The Esci kit is straight forward enough to build without instructions - just a bit of forethought.

key things to look out for are:

"C" model - shorter after burners, rounded inner wing pylons and unslatted tail planes (same if you decide to do it as a "D") and the IR sensor under the radome

"J" model - longer @burners, straight edged inner pylons, slatted tailplanes and no sensor.

depending on how far you want to go, you can fill the cat. hooks under the intakes for the"C"

Build the cockpit, glue to the front lower fuselage section then put the fuselage halves together (let dry) then slide the cockpit into the front of the fuselage.

There's invariably a gap between the starboard wing and the fuselage which needs filling.

22 hours ago, iainpeden said:

There's invariably a gap between the starboard wing and the fuselage which needs filling.

Due to the moulding, the bottom fuselage halves 'pinch in'. 
You could also consider adding a piece of runner as a crossbar to get a better fit. Saves filling.