255 - Saab 35 Draken 1/72 - RDAF F-35 +++Finished+++

Bjorn

Thanks! Yes, this was really a fun build! Of course, it was a stupid idea to try a completely unneccessary "conversion", since to get a proper 1/72 Draken, in all aspects it is better, and not least much easier, to build a Hasegawa. But it was nice to see how these two kits from different generations could merge into something that actually turned out better than I ever could have dreamed of!

On 2/4/2021 at 12:37 AM, Bjorn said:

Thanks! Yes, this was really a fun build! Of course, it was a stupid idea to try a completely unneccessary "conversion", since to get a proper 1/72 Draken, in all aspects it is better, and not least much easier, to build a Hasegawa. But it was nice to see how these two kits from different generations could merge into something that actually turned out better than I ever could have dreamed of!

This is what takes this already fantastic build over the top into the realm of pure insanity! 

I can picture Bjorn rubbing his hands together maniacally in some deep Man Cave HQ somewhere...

"Hmmm, let's see, I want a Draken on my shelf. I know, I'll take the perfectly awesome modern Hasegawa kit and I'll retrofit it onto the prehistoric Heller kit AND STILL MAKE A BETTER DRAKEN THAN PRETTY MUCH ANY DRAKEN EVER SEEN BEFORE".

Hahaha! Great work Bjorn!

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Bjorn! @Bjorn. I sent you a PM but it would go as it says you are not receiving messages. You had offered to help a Sk35 for me. How can we connect? thanks.

Martin

Strange, I have recieved PM before. I'll see if I can send you one. 

On 10/10/2021 at 10:04 PM, Bjorn said:

Strange, I have recieved PM before. I'll see if I can send you one. 

Hej Bjorn!

I’m just checking because I sent few PMs. Did you get them?

Martin

@Bjorn

this is the last PM I sent:

Thank you, Bjorn!  

First of all I need to start looking for the Swedish Sk35c decals. Where did you get yours? Also, do you now where to get single seat, white serial, Finnish decals or even those with black serials? I would like one with the fin badge and large roundels.

I am tempted by the Maestro full resin conversion. If I sell the remaining Heller kit (all the single seat bits) I can cover the difference in cost and also it could be cheaper than getting the separate Maestro resin parts (fin, tail, intakes). What do you think? 

I won’t be building the Austrian machine. The Finnish single and Swedish Twin will be enough … I think ;).

M

Edit: I know little about the detail of the Drakens! All I know is that I loved watching them fly “

@Bjorn

I think that when I start, and I have plenty of time before then, I will do the single seat first and in Finnish marks. I will then get to know the Hasegawa kit before attempting the SK35C conversion