Legion Condor 1938/Hauptmann Werner Möelders

Hello everybody...Fresh out of the Heller group build. It is the 1/72 Bf.109B/C kit #236 and is done as a 109D flown by Hauptmann Werner Möelders. The only aftermarket used were the AML Decals due to the originals being no good. 
TzkM980.jpg

grfdOJL.jpg

gBCne2m.jpg

YBVOIo0.jpg

DNwCE71.jpg

LhG8Tl6.jpg

qMFexOx.jpg

eSE0Deb.jpg

EGiE20C.jpg
Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, or visit the build thread. 

Dennis

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

I like the early '09 models – so different looking from the beefy late war versions…

The Heller kits were always good and you've made it into a quite convincing 'D'!

A note: Werner Mölders is spelled so. Sometimes it's transcribed, by/for people with umlaut anxiety, thus: Moelders (the German, and Swedish, letter Ö is an abbreviation of O + E).

A second note: a method for getting really neat cockpit frames is painting the external colour on a piece of clear decal film and then cut strips (from the backside!) and attach them to the canopy. For best result, the canopy should be clear varnished with Future or similar. If you want to go the whole way, you could first paint the interior colour on the clear decal and the external colour on top. 😉

Nice model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

A note: Werner Mölders is spelled so. Sometimes it's transcribed, by/for people with umlaut anxiety, thus: Moelders (the German, and Swedish, letter Ö is an abbreviation of O + E).

Should I change it ? Im not the best and if its incorrect I will change it. 

16 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Nicely done, Dennis!  I didn't realize the D also had the old-style radiator.  Very cool--well executed.  Alex

Yes there was ver little difference between the C/D I believe it was engine and some internal changes. The main difference between the B and the C/D is the armament change and engine. The Emil streamlined the nose of the A-D. Then the F/G/K heavily modified the wings, nose, and tail. 

• Thanks 1