This is the Galaxie 1/25 kit, a challenging but fun one to build. I airbrushed the exterior with Scalefinishes Como Blue and Dove Grey (original chevrolet colors for this period) and Tamiya TS-13 clear gloss over coat. I deviated from the instructions by pre-mounting the front fenders to the body before assembly/ paint and installing the interior directly within the body instead of pre-mounting to the chassis. I had a bear of a time installing both front and rear bumpers which seemed to encounter the short end of the tolerance stack-up on this model - thank goodness for 5 minute epoxy! The “stovebolt” 235 CI straight six engine was my favorite part of this build and made me nostalgic for my second car (a ‘55 Bel Air 4 door with the same engine, bought for $265 USS and driven for 3 years).  
I love these streamline “futuristic” post-war GM designs and wish Galaxie or Moebius might produce others (‘47 Caddie Series 62 fastback please????).
Cheers,

John

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 18

Absolutely beautiful!

I especially love the engine bay and the way you've applied a ight wash to lift the realism.

The exterior looks fantastic too!  A couple of figures in 40's suits would really look cool with it.

Well done!

:clap2::thumbsup::clap2:

That's a great subject and you've done a beautiful job with it.  Did you choose that licence plate?

I'm impressed with the two-tone paint, was it a challenge to mask?

I'd definitely like to add a car like this to my kit collection.

Thank you guys for the encouraging feedback. The two-tone was pretty easy to do from a masking standpoint. The key thing I’ve learned in doing two-tone paint jobs is to avoid using gloss lacquers - they tend to bleed thru the tape edges. The matt basecoat paints (Zero Paints, Scalefinishes) work great and are compatible with Tamiya TS-13 and Testors lacquer clearcoats.
My masking workload is more a function of the way I metalize the stainless trim on car models after applying the base coats and clear coat. I’ve have yet to master bare metal foil and mask and paint all bright work on my car models using airbrushed Alclad polished aluminum over black enamel. I go thru quite a bit of green Frog tape masking as you can see in photo below. I don’t know if Frog tape is available in the U.K. but is popular in the US for house painting and sold in hardware and home supply stores. It’s the only tape I’ve found that doesn’t react with clear coats after they’ve cured. I have found that even Tamiya tape tends to craze full cured Tamiya TS-13 clear coat if it’s left on over night.

spacer.png

• Like 1