F-4G Phantom, 69-0255/SP, 23rd TFS, 52nd TFW, Spangdahlem AB, 1987.

The Hasegawa kit is fantastic, fitted together very well with no filler required, just a bit of sanding. I used the Eduard etched cockpit detail, otherwise it's oob. Paints were all Tamiya spray cans; AS-13, AS-14 and AS-27.

Thanks to @Mark V for the Spang F-4 info! I still need to add the ECM pod in the left Sparrow recess.

All comments and suggestions welcome ...

spacer.png

IMG-7531.jpg

IMG-7535.jpg

IMG-7537.jpg

IMG-7536.jpg

IMG-7538.jpg

IMG-7541.jpg

IMG-7532.jpg

IMG-7534.jpg

IMG-7542.jpg

IMG-7543.jpg

IMG-7544.jpg

IMG-2672.jpg

IMG-2667.jpg

IMG-2668.jpg

IMG-2669.jpg

IMG-2670.jpg

• Like 53

That looks really sharp.  Blue stripe on the tail means you picked the right squadron 😉  Congrats on a fine build.  Thank you for the in progress discussions and photos, it was fun to follow along and offer some advice.  Makes me want to start on mine, after I finish the Fw-190, the Eurofighter, the Tornado, the ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A very fine piece of work. The cockpit looks very good. I recall the 23rd TFS Weasels from my assignment to Spangdahlem in the late 80's and early 90's. 

• Thanks 1

Lovely work! A very nice Phantom indeed.

I'm in the middle of reading a very good book about the Weasel Phantoms called "Magnum! - The Wild Weasels in Desert Storm" which I can recommend.

Eng

• Thanks 1

Lovely work! A very nice Phantom indeed.

I'm in the middle of reading a very good book about the Weasel Phantoms called "Magnum! - The Wild Weasels in Desert Storm" which I can recommend.

Eng