The other Tim's 1/72 Revell Panavia Tornado GR4 - ZA492, 617 Sqn - 70th anniversary of the Dambusters raid

Tim Moff

Thought if grab a couple of hours to start on the stencils - then looked closer ...

of course the Revell kit subjects are RAFG Bruggen airframes so have German in the warning bits  etc ..

lCragAv.jpg

Qx8ICnU.jpg

so I’ve quickly ordered some of the old Airfix kit decals on evil bay just in case and will start looking at my extra sheets ...

• 3 weeks later...

Getting there but unlikely to get finished by tomorrow - delay waiting on stencils....

still need to but the back end on, seal it all in gloss, quick panel line wash, Matt cote.

also need to prime, paint abs attach all the antennas, pitots, weapon pylons, tanks etc ...

GdkXGjy.jpg

AMMz3kj.jpg

Ht3z7N9.jpg

EN5Z86v.jpg

will get it finished over the Xmas break all going well !

• Like 5

Hi There,

I was reading your Dambusters thread and arrived here as I am coincidentally building the same version from the same kit and conversion set.

I hadn't spotted the stencil problem and probably wouldn't have so would like to say thanks very much.

Your Tornado is a belter and I'm hoping mine will be half as good.

I ordered stencils up from Fantasy Printshop, so I'm hoping to get them before Christmas but if not it's not the end of the world.

Again, Thanks for leading me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Hi There,

I was reading your Dambusters thread and arrived here as I am coincidentally building the same version from the same kit and conversion set.

I hadn't spotted the stencil problem and probably wouldn't have so would like to say thanks very much.

Your Tornado is a belter and I'm hoping mine will be half as good.

I ordered stencils up from Fantasy Printshop, so I'm hoping to get them before Christmas but if not it's not the end of the world.

Again, Thanks for leading me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Alistair

No probs

do you have a link to your build?

theres a great 1/48 build of the subject in the gallery here 

wish I’d know about the fantasy printshop stencil option ! I’d just grabbed together the best I could - the no step decals are not the same as the jet - the print shop ones look right !

Euro-Decals-Tornado-Stencils-Decals-prin

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim Moff said:

No probs

do you have a link to your build?

theres a great 1/48 build of the subject in the gallery here 

wish I’d know about the fantasy printshop stencil option ! I’d just grabbed together the best I could - the no step decals are not the same as the jet - the print shop ones look right !

Sorry I've not done a WIP on this. I've just finished my first ever with an Me-110.

I didn't think I was good enough, still don't think I am but I was encouraged to do one by The Spagent of this Parish as it was a great source of encouragement and help.

He was right.

Looking forward to your updates in this and your other threads.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1