Airfix Fortress Mk.III or...?

Ok, here I am with Airfix's RAF fortress mk.III.  I realized that kit offers also parts for B-17G as well. I am stuck between RAF one or an USAF profile. I may purchase Kits world decals; maybe famous 'swamp fire' or ' 2nd patches' I dont know...

Lets start with building at first;

cUbRSTZ.jpg

2 hours ago, TheFlogger said:

Here my both candidates;if I change mind and not build RAF jammer B-17, I will pick one of those. Any suggestion is wellcomed guys ;)

ErPClqL.jpg

Little patches is a nice one for sure!

If you're concerned about accuracy though, then the Airfix kit is not the best way for this one, since Little Patches is a quite early G-model (B17G-25-BO)  with unstaggered waist gunner positions, early tail turret and a few other bits and bobs...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Christer A said:

If you're concerned about accuracy though, then the Airfix kit is not the best way for this one, since Little Patches i a quite early G-model (B17G-25-BO)  with unstaggered waist gunner positions, early tail turret and a few other bits and bobs...

Thanks, lets move on to another profile than :) Yes, I concern about accracy a bit... :D

2 hours ago, TheFlogger said:

Damn, I mistyped;it is not mk.II as I mistakenly written ; it should be Mk.III 😬

Correcting topic titles is easy. Click and hold the mouse button on the title, and you can edit.

• Like 1

• TheFlogger changed the title to Airfix Fortress Mk.III or...?

I'm sorry to use this topic, but I feel obliged to warn fellow modellers. I have bought the same boxing of this kit. Made in India and with the appropriate quality control, I guess. The frame D that contains parts for bomb bay and fuselage frames was missing alltogether. I have been playing with Airfix customer service for half a year now and God knows when and if I'll get the missing frame because it has to be sent from India. That's globalisation for us. 

Otherwise I wish you good progress with your kit. 

Josip 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Christer A said:

If you're concerned about accuracy though, then the Airfix kit is not the best way for this one, since Little Patches is a quite early G-model (B17G-25-BO)  with unstaggered waist gunner positions, early tail turret and a few other bits and bobs...

Same thing goes for Swamp Fire (42-32024) which was a B-17G-35-BO.  It wouldn't have had the staggered waist windows and wasn't built with the later tail position though there is evidence it acquired one later.  Basically the Airfix kit depicts a very late B17:  without modification you are limited to natural metal aircraft and only some of them.

Also the Kit's World sheet for Swamp Fire is inaccurate/incomplete.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Josip said:

I'm sorry to use this topic, but I feel obliged to warn fellow modellers. I have bought the same boxing of this kit. Made in India and with the appropriate quality control, I guess. The frame D that contains parts for bomb bay and fuselage frames was missing alltogether. I have been playing with Airfix customer service for half a year now and God knows when and if I'll get the missing frame because it has to be sent from India. That's globalisation for us. 

Otherwise I wish you good progress with your kit. 

Josip 

I am sorry for your kit. I hope Airfix fix it ASAP! :(

9 hours ago, Seahawk said:

Same thing goes for Swamp Fire (42-32024) which was a B-17G-35-BO.  It wouldn't have had the staggered waist windows and wasn't built with the later tail position though there is evidence it acquired one later.  Basically the Airfix kit depicts a very late B17:  without modification you are limited to natural metal aircraft and only some of them.

Also the Kit's World sheet for Swamp Fire is inaccurate/incomplete.

Yes Dear ,Christer A had warned me about early-late differencez of B-17Gs, but I appreciate your help as well.

Seems like my kit goes towards a RAF one. Well, dark earthj, dark green and black dont seem bad at all.

I am so thankful to modeller fellas; especially Christer A helped and warned me that I cant build a OD-NG old paint one from my Airfix kit.

I will find a way but first must assemble my kit properly. So far, goes well.

kk3zCqG.jpg

• Like 3

*puts on his flogging hat in preparation* One way around the late tail and staggered windows is to ignore the fact. Build the kit in the markings you find most appealing and strike it up to artistic license. As long as it comes out and meets your standards then some things are worth over looking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tempestwulf said:

*puts on his flogging hat in preparation* One way around the late tail and staggered windows is to ignore the fact. Build the kit in the markings you find most appealing and strike it up to artistic license. As long as it comes out and meets your standards then some things are worth over looking.

Well, I'd prefer stuck with RAF jammer one or find an exact profile matches my kit. But thanks for your kindly interest :)