Long time, no model

Broadway

Covid has stopped a lot of my activities, so facing winter a return to model making after a long break seems a good idea. This will be the third time, childhood with Airfix, Revell and Monogram with no particular genre or scale . A break for college etc, then restarted after getting married mainly USAF fast jets in 1/72 for the in colourful schemes, but parenthood seemed to take all my time so lapsed.

After retiring took up dancing and a few other things with U3A, but that has stopped dead in its tracks. Still having kept a passing interest in the hobby and facing a winter of discontent from my wife if I don't keep busy modelling beckons. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Can't have that! Get a stash going and get into it. 😀

Gidday, welcome aboard. Regards, Jeff.

I know, already been told to get a move on with it, more time doing and less time reading about it!

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome.

Started on the Airfix Tomahawk IIB started set in 1/72,  I don't rember the parts being so small! Broke the control column and swept half of onto floor when cleaning the desk

just before I was going to glue it back together, luckily I managed to find and glue it back together. To supplement the included paints I have bought an artists set to suppement the limited range include.

4 hours ago, Broadway said:

Started on the Airfix Tomahawk IIB started set in 1/72,  I don't rember the parts being so small! Broke the control column

Don't feel too bad... Airfix is known to produce massive sprue gates attached to tiny parts like antenna’s and control columns which cause them to break. Wait till you try the 1/72 P-51, no one succeeds in gettin the column off in one piece. 

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Airfix is known to produce massive sprue gates attached to tiny parts like antenna’s and control columns which cause them to break.

The same with their model ships, massive sprue gates attached to the middle of prop shafts, masts and gun barrels, making them very difficult to remove in a still-usable condition. I often replace the parts with Evergreen styrene rod or stretched sprue. HTH. Regards, Jeff.