Takom Jagdpanther G1- finished

FG2Si

5 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Looks brilliant, really like it on the flat bed, great work.

Rather like the Meng one you did earlier too, what did you use for the zimmerit on it?

Super modelling, and two Lancasters, had been tempted by the stand alone cockpit but no way I could find a home for a complete one......

Cheers 

Darryl 

Thanks Daryl!

On the Meng Jagdpanther, I used Vallejo plastic putty and grooved it by hand. 

IMG_20190609_191435-600x450.jpg

As for the Lancs, yeah they're going to be  quite the space hogs.  I'm thinking of maybe a shelf for them in the basement when I finally get to them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, FG2Si said:

Thanks Bob!  That's would have be fantastic to see. My wife would probably veto the idea. I did manage to get her to agree to a pair of 1/32 Lancs though. 

TWO 1/32nd Lanc's.....I would not want to be that deep in debt to SWMBO:unsure:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, FG2Si said:

Thanks Daryl!

On the Meng Jagdpanther, I used Vallejo plastic putty and grooved it by hand. 

As for the Lancs, yeah they're going to be  quite the space hogs.  I'm thinking of maybe a shelf for them in the basement when I finally get to them. 

Really must get around to having a go at creating my own zimm, sure I've some of the plastic putty somewhere... Thanks!

Had been tempted by the Wingnut Wings promising offering purely because it was Wingnut, the stand alone cockpit however is a possibility..

Cheers 

Darryl 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

TWO 1/32nd Lanc's.....I would not want to be that deep in debt to SWMBO:unsure:

In that case, I won't mention the B-24 or B-17 to go with the Lancs. I really have no idea where to put them all when they're done. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FG2Si said:

In that case, I won't mention the B-24 or B-17 to go with the Lancs. I really have no idea where to put them all when they're done. 

The problem with my stash is the quantity after collecting for 50 years, but I have resisted anything that big. :fraidnot:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

The problem with my stash is the quantity after collecting for 50 years, but I have resisted anything that big. :fraidnot:

My two sons have been raiding my stash over the last couple years. They're 7 and 9 and have been helping me keep the stash in check quantity wise.  :D

I've been primarily a 1/32 aircraft modeler which isn't conducive to living in a small house. The armour has been a great distraction as I can fit so much more int he same space. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FG2Si said:

My two sons have been raiding my stash over the last couple years. They're 7 and 9 and have been helping me keep the stash in check quantity wise.  :D

My sons never became interested enough to dent my stash, you have certainly nailed the AFV building, and as you say they take up a lot less space. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1