Piaggio PC.7 - SBS resin 1/72

Just finished Piaggio PC.7 resin kit from SBS in 1/72 scale. Very nice kit. It is my built 37th for this COVID year, normally I haven't time to make so many kits. Thanks work from home I made unusually many models - most OOB.
IMG-9135.jpg
IMG-9136.jpg
IMG-9137.jpg
IMG-9138.jpg
IMG-9139.jpg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

A superbly finished reconstruction of the radical would-be Schneider Trophy racer Piaggio Pegna Pc.7. Unfortunately for the designer, Signor Pegna, but perhaps fortunately for the the rather sceptical test pilots, it never took to the air.

Apparently, though, in later days a radio controlled model managed to take off and finish the prescibed five laps, thus vindicating its designers brainwave.

www.a-e-g.org.uk/piaggio-pegna-pc-7.html

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Great work on a unique subject! Thank goodness for resin kit manufacturers who bring us such unusual subjects. It's too bad that no attempt to fly the aircraft occurred - I think the sight of the aircraft rising out of the water on its hydrofoils would have been magnificent. And in 1929!  

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

A superbly finished reconstruction of the radical would-be Schneider Trophy racer Piaggio Pegna Pc.7. Unfortunately for the designer, Signor Pegna, but perhaps fortunately for the the rather sceptical test pilots, it never took to the air.

Apparently, though, in later days a radio controlled model managed to take off and finish the prescibed five laps, thus vindicating its designers brainwave.

www.a-e-g.org.uk/piaggio-pegna-pc-7.html

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

It's too bad that no attempt to fly the aircraft occurred

Several attempts were made, but none succeeded. The hydrofoils, especially the rear one went through several stages of development, but it was the clutching arrangement switching drive from water propeller to air propeller that was the main stumbling block.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1